New computer

This is a discussion on New computer within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; OK no mocking, I'm afflicted with that unfortunate malady known as "Dont know fvcking anything at all about computers" Computer ...
Page: 1

denon33

OK no mocking, I'm afflicted with that unfortunate malady known as "Dont know fvcking anything at all about computers"

Computer is pretty basic tbh. It didn't come with any external speakers and I've plugged in the ones from my old computer. I can play cd's and the sound is pretty good.

So I downloaded KOL, ran the launcher and did all the auto patch updates to the current 1739. The game runs completely fine except for no sound. Vista 32bit home basic btw.

In device manager ---> sound, video and game controllers is Realtek High Definition Audio. I've messed around with the settings in Realtek HD Audio Manager also and still cant get any sound in game. Its got to be something really blatantly obvious but when it comes to this shit I just have brain fart after brain fart.

Anyone got any ideas? If you need more information, I'll stumble around and see if I can provide it.

Cheers.

So your saying when you play KO you can listen to an cd but your KO sound isnt coming out of your speakers.. (when you do it at the same time, playing and listening to an cd / radio w.e)

Are you sure the sound is on at knight online, check options

denon33

All options ingame are ticked, I ran option on exit and everything is ticked under sound. I can listen to a cd when ingame and no sound is coming from KOL.

When I'm not listening to a cd, there is still no sound from KOL.

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

Hmm, Vista has a built in program volume controller, see if that may be the cause. Click the volume icon, and then hit mixer, and check if KO is set to mute.

denon33

Nope already tried that.

Banned

when you bring up your master volume what is ticked on there ?

denon33

do you mean volume mixer?

If so speakers 100%
    windows sounds 100%
    KnightOnline 100%

If I mute the others still nothing happens. Really need to figure this out. I bought the computer for my nephews birthday, who is KO mad and always coming round to play it. Would like my house back hehe. And its his b'day in 2 days.

When I look in audio devices and check the speakers the equalizer isn't moving up and down. Its like its not getting any sound from KOL whatsoever. When I have a cd playing the speakers equalizier moves up and down.

zrocker0404

ko music sux anyways why would you WANT it on? lol

denon33

So I can give it to my nephew fully working.

Bleh, I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but this is all I can think of:

-Try updating your drivers. If that doesn't work, try changing to a previous driver.
    -If THAT doesn't work, since it is a new PC, you can use the OS CD to restore to just barebones vista.
    -If THAT doesn't work, that totally sucks. But you can always buy a cheapo sound card if it is indeed a hardware issue, but from what you've send I'm 99% sure it is not.

Just had a thought. Didn't KO make a patch to hide the KO process? Not sure if that helps but it may have inadvertantly hidden KO from your sound driver.

PS: I can lend you a vista CD if you need one.

denon33

Thx guys. It does seem like the sound from KOL is not being picked up by the soundcard.

The computer is an Acer M1640 dual core E2180. I told you it was cheap!!!

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw...ormationSection

Dont know if the above info will help anyone. But that is where I got it. I'm not going to start messing around with the OS because I really would have no idea where to begin, but Riley, can you tell me how to check if the process is being picked up by the soundcard. That might be a way forward.

Well I'm guessing that your sound card is using vista's sound program. Most sound cards come with their own program, you could dry downloading that, or calling up ACER and getting the sound card's disk. But you should deff. just start with updating the drivers.