New computer or able to upgrade current one?

This is a discussion on New computer or able to upgrade current one? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi! I'm having this computer for a long time now and I just feel like upgrading it or buying a ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

Hi!
    I'm having this computer for a long time now and I just feel like upgrading it or buying a new one because I constantly having lags with large crowds in KO. Wars for example. Or just walking in Moradon. Sometimes even my heals fail because of lag.
    My computer is used mainly for school and Knight-Online and I doesn't need to be good enough for any other new computer games and such.
    I know it's old, but I don't feel like buying a brand new PC just for KO
    I was wondering if I could just upgrade my Processor or something to make KO go alot more smooth.

My current specs are:
    Geforce FX5700
    AMD Duron 1600Mhz
    2x 512 and 1x 256 DDR ram. (1 is 333mhz and other 2 is 400mhz).

Opinions please? :wub:

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

The ram is reasonable for playing KO, graphics card is old but again, should be ok.

Look up your motherboard on the net and see if it's possible to get a faster processor in it.

The ram is reasonable for playing KO, graphics card is old but again, should be ok.

Look up your motherboard on the net and see if it's possible to get a faster processor in it.[/b]
    Also, you forgot to ask him if it's a custom computer or name brand computer - Cause most brand name computer's will not let you switch out [the older one's at least]

evilwevel

wouldn't it be better if you updated that one ram stick to ?

i believe i remember my teacher telling us that when you use two diffrent speeds, the motherboard will use the lowest speed (333 mhz)

Banned Senior Member

the ram will declock itself to match the slower sticks, so the two 512's are running at 333 mhz as well

Banned Senior Member

Thanks for the information. I decided to upgrade the motherboard, processor, RAM and Graphics card. Which isn't too expensive..somewhat more than 200 euro.

It'll be AM2 AMD Athlon 64 LE1640 2.6/BOX Processor
    2048MB DDRII/800 Kingston CL5 RAM
    Asus AM2+ M3A S/R/GBL/PCIEx Motherboard
    ASUS nVi EN8600GT Silent 512 Graphics card

So I got a way faster processor, almost 2x my old ram, which now runs alot faster, a videocard (pci-express, old one was AGP) which should be playing ko smooth and a motherboard which supports all this.

So I hope this should do the trick, I'm going on vacantion just now so I'll let you know the results when I get home in a week

wow, only 400$ About for that their? Shit, I need to start getting my shit from ... whatever country ur from and ship it to me to the US lol.

Although, I would recommended you have gotten Intel over amd, As Intel is stomping the shit outta amd.

slisebry

wow, only 400$ About for that their? Shit, I need to start getting my shit from ... whatever country ur from and ship it to me to the US lol.
    Although, I would recommended you have gotten Intel over amd, As Intel is stomping the shit outta amd.[/b]
    It's a personal reference intel as his flaws and so do amd.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

200 EUROS he said not pounds... different exchange rate.

Glad you're all sorted out

evilwevel

Although, I would recommended you have gotten Intel over amd, As Intel is stomping the shit outta amd.[/b]
    actually that's 318 USD, it's even less

I update my old computer lot of times and i gave like 600$ at this shit and wont make a difference ..Now i bought a new and is fcking cool and fcking fast with only 1.100$ ..For me just buy a new one..And if u have something nice on ur old one that u did pay a lot for it just remove it to ur new one :P

Banned Senior Member

I upgraded my comp with the stuff I mentioned.. And it runs smooth now Everywhere!
    Just felt like letting you guys know