New Graphics Card

This is a discussion on New Graphics Card within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I recently got a new computer. http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw...gory_oid=-35614 . I know absolutely nothing about graphics cards or computers in general..My Bad!! ...
Page: 1

denon33

I recently got a new computer.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw...gory_oid=-35614.

I know absolutely nothing about graphics cards or computers in general..My Bad!!

But I do know the intergrated card is a piece of sh1t. Got 100-120 euro maybe stretch to 150 euro max.

Anyone suggest a card in that range thats compatible and tell me about power supply and anything else I may need to have. Yes I know I need my head testing for buying it from PC world. Think everything else is OK but PC world dont tell you jack about motherboards and other components...Just processor, hard drive and RAM.

KO runs fine atm even in Ardream during heavy PK sessions. Any help thx.

With that card budget I would get an EVGA Geforce 9600GT or 9800GT but you gotta tell us what your motherboard is, even if you gotta open up the side of your computer to look at it visually.

denon33

I was afraid of that lol!! I'll do some looking to find out the motherboard.

OK, not actually opened it up ( will do this later to make sure it's definately correct ), but all UK Advent QC6003 models are sold with Intel DG45ID motherboard.

if that helps

evilwevel

it's a new mobo so it has pci express.

like metalkon said, go for a card in the 9XXX series if you buy a nvidea card. or buy some 4xxx card if you're going to buy a new ati video card.

there are a lot of cards in that price range. i'd say you just look at the site or shop you buy most products from and see what kind of cards they sell.

the difference between all those cards is minimal, and you probably won't even notice.

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

it's a new mobo so it has pci express.

like metalkon said, go for a card in the 9XXX series if you buy a nvidea card. or buy some 4xxx card if you're going to buy a new ati video card.

there are a lot of cards in that price range. i'd say you just look at the site or shop you buy most products from and see what kind of cards they sell.

the difference between all those cards is minimal, and you probably won't even notice.[/b]
    Don't
    If you would be thinking of buying a 9400/9500/9600

a 8800 will beat any 9x series up to 96.

it's simple
    the first number of the graphic cards just tells you from what year it is
    You gotta look at the second number all the time, the higher the second number the better.

Get an 8800GT(X) or a if you wanne go for the 9xxx series, get 9800

He may not have enough money in his budget for an 8800 or 9800 so a 9600 might be what he has to get.

8800 costs about the same as a 9800 so I would get a 9800 if you decide to get something thats more than a 9600.

denon33

cheers guys. never knew that about the "Year" and 2nd digit etc. Handy to know

Been checking some websites. I can afford XFX Nvidia 9800 GT. I can probably stretch to the next bracket up from this also so any other suggestions?

I think the next step that would have a noticable difference would be a GTX 260 but thats about twice as much as the budget, there may be an ATI card that meets half way but I don't know what would be good to choose.

simpleguy144

If u have enough money go for the beast NVIDIA Geforce GTX 295. Provided u have PCI Express x16 slots on ur motherboard.

If u have enough money go for the beast NVIDIA Geforce GTX 295. Provided u have PCI Express x16 slots on ur motherboard.[/b]
    Thats like 700-800 euro's to get the GTX 295