(New KO user) Patch issues

This is a discussion on (New KO user) Patch issues within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I just downloaded the game and went to download the patches thru the game's launcher (nothing is blocking it, does ...
Page: 1

lendura

I just downloaded the game and went to download the patches thru the game's launcher (nothing is blocking it, does the same with world of warcraft) and I was just wondering if anyone knows a site that I can download the patches from?

ReiRei

Lenduara is my son's girlfriend. She has played wow since the beginning and wants to try KO, since my son is playing it again.

lendura

Lenduara is my son's girlfriend. She has played wow since the beginning and wants to try KO, since my son is playing it again.[/b]
    and the launcher is still wanting to download the patches (downloaded all the patches off the link), and after it loads i get a extract error, this is getting fustrating any tips before I uninstall it and go back to wow?

in the server file loacated in the knightonline folder make sure u have this in there
    [Server]
    Count=1
    IP0=login.knightonlineworld.com

[Version]
    Files=1483 <<<< this must match the relevent patches

[Join]
    Registration site=http://www.knightonlineworld.com/joinus.asp
    [IncludeExe]
    Last=1483

what the connection u&#39;re using? i use G3 GPRS connection atm and it&#39;s blocked FTP servers, i&#39;d say if u know someone who play ko copy his\her folder to ur pc and u can play without any problem, i have ko folder in external hard drive and when k2 launch new update i launch ko from that external hdd from my work place and update the game, then i overwrite ko folder in my main hard drive and i can play normally

amcgc

hi, dont go back to WoW...your in a much better place now :P I had this problem not so long ago and was in the same situation as you, and figured it out eventually, after finding the answer in some turkish forum -- of all places :huh: .

SO. you open the launcher...it starts downloading a patch (probally the first one, "1454" - as i think this one was one of the problem ones). It gets to the end, shows "decompressing file" and then an error message shows in the middle of the screen: "Extract Failed"..after which nothing happens - GOGO K2

No problem. All this means is that it has downloaded the compressed patch into your "Knight Online" folder (C:\Program Files\Knight Online\patch xxxx), has tried to extract it but for some reason cant -- so we have to extract is manually.

1) Navigate to your KO folder where you installed the game(probally C:\Program Files\Knight Online)
    2) Locate the "compressed" patch folder in there (will be called patchXXXX)
    3) Select it, Right-Click, select "Extract All..."
    4) Extraction wizard should open. When asked to specify which folder it should extract into, insert the directory: C:\Program Files\Knight Online (essentially telling it to take the files out of the "patchxxxx" folder, extract them and dump them into ur KO folder)
    5) If it asks you (not sure if i can remmember properly) wether to replace any existing files with the new ones always hit Yes or OK or w/e. And if it says one of the files is password protected and asks for a password simply press "Skip File" (or something like that)
    6) Once it has all been extracted, we need to tell the launcher wot the current version is. Go Start >> Programs >> Knight Online >> Option
    7) Under "Game Version" (top right of the box) insert the number which corresponds to the patch version which you have just downloaded and extracted.
    8) Hit "Contents of the Update", and "YES" when asked wether to &#39;apply it to registry&#39;.
    9) Now run the launcher again (from your start >> programs >> KO menu) and it should download some more patches. It will come up with the same "extract failed" error again with a later patch and you will have to repeat the above process (about 4-5 times in total before your ready to play). Eventually you&#39;ll get to patch 1483 and you&#39;ll be done.

NOTE: If the failed patch does not show up in your KO folder you must go to " ftp://download.knightonlineworld.com/knight/upgrade/ ", download the offending patch and extract as instructed above.

If you still have problems, reply here and we&#39;ll sort it out.

Alex

PS. Sad to see you quitting the game Reina, sorry for being a complete **** - Tera B)