new laptop

This is a discussion on new laptop within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i was wondering if any1 can help me find a good laptop that i will be able to play games ...
Page: 1

CrackaJack

i was wondering if any1 can help me find a good laptop that i will be able to play games on it and watch videos. I was also thinking of spending around 1k usd. thanks a lot and i look forward for your response.

Geo

i bought a laptop like 7 months ago and its a nice laptop to play games
    got an acer aspire 5920G
    specs:
    intel core 2 duo processor T7300 2,0 Ghz
    2gb ram
    nvidia gforce 8600m GT
    160 gb hard disc

there are various 5920G's so u can check what fits best with the stuff u wanna do

evilwevel

what sort of games ? there's a dirrence between playing ko on it (most laptops can handle that) or playing games like wow and counter strike : source.

the movie part should be fine, i don't think they even sell laptops that can't play a movie anymore.

Banned

Geo if u bought that laptop 7 months ago, then u paid a shit load of cash for it o.o with that cpu, and gfx, it havent been cheap xD i didnt know u could get 8800s in laptops, only thought it was 8600 o.o

CrackaJack

i want it to be able to play wow and ko smooth, nice, and without a problem. i was thinking of purchasing this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HP-Pavilion-DV9700...1QQcmdZViewItem
    let me know what u guys think

Geo

@ windwaker... lol youre right
    i was mistaken.. its a 8600, anyway its still a good graphic card

btw... i payed 1150 euro..
    realize now that it would be lot more in usd lol
    anyway... price has dropped i guess

evilwevel

make sure you don't get a toshiba with HD disk reader/writer :lol:

i always thought Dell or toshiba were the best aptops for a lower price range, i have a toshiba sattelite myself and it works fine.

Banned

Intel Celeron M420 1.6GHz
    15.4" Widescreen TFT
    512MB RAM
    Intel 940GML (Calistoga) + ICH7-M With up to 128MB Shared memory. Supports Intel GMA 950
    Azalia 7.1 Channel surround sound speakers
    40GB S-ATA HDD

It fucking sucks, yet plays KO perfectly fine. (also plays WoW with 0% lag )

Banned

thats around 7000-8000 dkr for that computer, if its really 7 months old, its pretty cheap Geo :P

i want it to be able to play wow and ko smooth, nice, and without a problem. i was thinking of purchasing this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HP-Pavilion-DV9700...1QQcmdZViewItem
    let me know what u guys think[/b]
    lol thats a pretty good laptop.. you can play crysis easy on that shit

hej

If your going to buy a computer to play games then go with a reg pc instead, no laptop can aver compete.

But if you want a laptop go for Asus G1/G2.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

The 3 most important factors on a laptop to be able to play games:

1) Good graphics card - plenty of sites online which rate/compare the cards
    2) 2Gb+ RAM
    3) high RPM hard disk! - this is really crucial in a laptop, as they often have crap hard drives and it makes a big difference on overall system performance.

However it's worth considering WHERE you'll be using the laptop... if you plan to use it literally on the move (in a car/train/bus/etc) then the slower disk will have a better lifetime and be less prone to errors. If you will mostly be using the laptop on a desk/table, but need it to be portable, then go for a faster disk.

ALSO:

Check out the laptop you want to buy in the shop and ask to see the screen going in different light conditions (i.e. not only in the bright shop lights) as you can't change the screen on a laptop, so you need to be sure the one you get you are happy with. This is a good tip even if you then go and order the laptop online for less money