New laptop not able to stream

This is a discussion on New laptop not able to stream within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Heya, well, as things turn out, a buddy of mine just bought a crappy 2nd hand laptop. Just for some ...
Page: 1

wynne

Default New laptop not able to stream

Heya,

well, as things turn out, a buddy of mine just bought a crappy 2nd hand laptop. Just for some office work including word and being able to listen to some music and/or video's.

Fact is, the laptop barely streams. What it does, it buffers up all the way, starts spitting some sound, which actually sounds quite right on the time-thingy except for the end. Except that, the video itself doesn't play. It's just like pictures coming through as watching a powerpoint presentation.

Besides that, media player has pretty much the same problem. Though it takes a while to start of, in the end, it gets the audio part straight, but the screen in which you should see the actual sound effects, is all fkd up. Same as in youtube it seems like it's just showing a powerpoint presentation instead of a normal , fluent like video.

Could anyone help me out here with certain programs I might forgot to download? Or perhabs some settings I should change?

Thanks a million to those willing to spend some time on this topic =)!

1. Make sure you have Adobe flash player installed.
    2. Install a driver pack, Xvid drivers almost enough for everything.
    3. If the previous owner of the laptom made a fresh Win install, it maybe a generic gfx driver. Check it, if the driver delivered by Microsoft it could be slow. Google the laptop model for drivers.
    4. If you found the drivers install chipset drivers too.

You might want to throw some extra RAM in it since it's probably not a lot and RAM is fairly cheap now...

Quote Originally Posted by Rad_Archer View Post
    You might want to throw some extra RAM in it since it's probably not a lot and RAM is fairly cheap now...
    RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, flash cards, SSD at Crucial.com

go there to find out the max ram available for ur specific laptop