new laptop question

This is a discussion on new laptop question within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I am about to purchase a new laptop and I am looking for some help on what to get. What ...
Page: 1

phillyfreak

I am about to purchase a new laptop and I am looking for some help on what to get. What brand is best? (I've been looking at Dell and HP), is it worth it to get Vista or should i try to get XP? and if i do get vista how much RAM and processor power do I need to run ko really fast? dont wanna spend more than like $1200 though...

Thanks for Help

razzy

whatever you do, do not get vista.

It is just about useless to get vista right now.

I am about to purchase a new laptop and I am looking for some help on what to get. What brand is best? (I've been looking at Dell and HP), is it worth it to get Vista or should i try to get XP? and if i do get vista how much RAM and processor power do I need to run ko really fast? dont wanna spend more than like $1200 though...

Thanks for Help[/b]

You should go for a Dell XPS with XP for gaming. The new one from Dell is way over your budget but you can get a year or 2 old but never used on eBay for right at what you want to spend. It's kick ass.

i have a gate way labtop ,,, i paid like 900 for it , its very good for gameing and everything else.. i load into ko 3 seconds soo... yea i dont know if there in store any more lol it was on sale to btw