Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New PC = KO lag

This is a discussion on New PC = KO lag within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok so I got a new pc AMD quad core with 3gb ram. Its alot better then my older pc ...
Page: 1

Ok so I got a new pc AMD quad core with 3gb ram. Its alot better then my older pc specs wise.. ( haven't tried any other games yet) I get computer lag like when walking forward and hitting "s" fast it takes a second for my char to walk backwards or when you hold down the mouse and move it around the white target on the ground can't keep up with the cursor,I dont get it! my new pc is better then my older one but yet my older one did fine with ko. Heres some of my specs AMD quad core 9500 (2.2), 3gb ram, Nvidia geforce 6150se 128mb shared, I know its not that greatest of a video card but it should be fine with ko and my old pc also had a intergraded video card. I get about 30+ fps at the moment and i reduced everything on my pc to the min. including going to classic theme and turning the graphics to "performance" instead of "quality". Another thing is that i do have a widescreen lcd moniter running at 1024,768 but my ko is also at 1024,768 too so it shouldn't be a problem right? and it lags in both window mode and in full screen... oh yea Im running the all mighty Vista SP1 too.

any tips would help pleaseee

if nothing else works im buying a new video card
    and i really dont want to spend anymore on this computer crap. =/

im going to sleep..3:46am.. frickin pc..aghh :angry:

Edit: Thx everyone I got it fixed I just went out and got a new video card. Geforce 8400GS^^ very sexy

hej

You should have gone some steps down on cpu and memory and got a "real" g-card.

Try to update/downgrade g-cards drivers.

You should have gone some steps down on cpu and memory and got a "real" g-card.

Try to update/downgrade g-cards drivers.[/b]
    but i really didn't think ko would require a better video card.. =/ recommended requirements are 32mb according to the website lol

hej

A g-card with shared memory are not made to play games on

But it should work with KO so try other drivers, never use the one you get from Windows to a g-card.

A g-card with shared memory are not made to play games on

But it should work with KO so try other drivers, never use the one you get from Windows to a g-card.[/b]

can you recommend a good pci express video card? ima just buy one i think...
    but theres so many and i really never got into video cards so idk what to pick lol.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Maybe the hardware don't work together

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

can you recommend a good pci express video card? ima just buy one i think...
    but theres so many and i really never got into video cards so idk what to pick lol.[/b]
    ATI Radeon HD 3870

Yea i tried just about everything atm. It works but i just think it can do alot better.

ATI Radeon HD 3870[/b]
    i'll look it up. I got a HD moniter but im using the vga plug in thingy, am I losing some contrast or something without using hd? I would guess you would say yea but it look ok to me..

shankster

well, yeah you're losing quality, LCD screens with DVI accepted are typically sharper and the colors are more vibrant.

geforce 8800 GT 512mb pci-e is the hottest out atm (or so i think, the 9xxx series are just budget cards so i've heard)

Banned

check the options of your graphic card under windows and bios... check for see if filter like antialiasing are on (if so turn it to off) and check also if u are using all the 128mb that u can share with system memory.

Press also CTRL ALT CANC and look at the process that are using the processor (maybe some process using a lot of resource)...Remember that u have 4xCore and KO is not maked for run under a quad core, so u have to change the options for use KnightOnline application like if u have only 1 CPU (dunno how try check on the web).

Look also in google how optimize windows vista, this SO have many service that u will never use and turn them off help a lot the system.

Hope this help... feel free to PM me if u have problems

hej

As he wrote ATi 3870 or Nvidia 9600gt middle range card
    8600gt low range card
    9800gtx high

check the options of your graphic card under windows and bios... check for see if filter like antialiasing are on (if so turn it to off) and check also if u are using all the 128mb that u can share with system memory.

Press also CTRL ALT CANC and look at the process that are using the processor (maybe some process using a lot of resource)...Remember that u have 4xCore and KO is not maked for run under a quad core, so u have to change the options for use KnightOnline application like if u have only 1 CPU (dunno how try check on the web).

Look also in google how optimize windows vista, this SO have many service that u will never use and turn them off help a lot the system.

Hope this help... feel free to PM me if u have problems[/b]
    I tried that antialiasing thing and same results I just dont know anymore lol maybe i wont play ko.. I just dont want to drop another 100$ on a video card when only games i play are starcraft and ko and after i purchase a video card and see the same results that would suck ass.

Lately I have a feeling its because of the processors just because when i run ko i only use like 14% of my pc resources when I think it should be like like 40-50%? right because my last pc with 1gb ram and a 3.06 intel i used close to 100% =/

shankster

no point in buying a fucking fast ass pc that you will use for years to come, and buy a SHIT video card, so when a new game comes out, the only spec you're lacking on to play it is the fucking video card, WHAT I WOULD SAY TO DO. is just stick it out for a little, save your money, and AS SOON as nvidias next series of cards comes out (i.e 6000 7000 8000 9000 etc) buy it right then and there. but be weary as to the shader clock and core clock as to, something thats new, may not exactly be better. typically 8800GTs are around a 500+mhz core clock and a 1900 memory clock clock (at least im pretty sure) and they can play crysis on pretty much MAX, with little to no lag, but then what does that say in a year or two when a new game is released that kicks its ass. (when theres a new breakthrough, theres fucking id software, putting out a beast ass fucking game. (i.e doom1, holy shit windows 95!, doom2, omfg wut windows 98, DOOM3, HOLY FUCKING SHIT NVIDIA 6800 GT OC, AND WINDOWS XP AND 1 GB OF RAM!) 8800s have been out for a while, and if you're not going to SLi and use two or more video cards (i'm assuming your motherboard doesn't support it...) you're going to want the fastest card for WHEN YOU BUY IT. i'm expecting nvidias next series of cards to be out soon. but if you CANT stick it out, then go for the 8800 GT (if you can get it factory overclocked from a vendor such as e-vga, xfx, msi, pny, do it, higher clock speeds, and i have a factory overclocked card, and it's stable as all hell, nothing will budge it, i'll give you a link to a nice ass 8800 GT at the end of this post) because as i said, no one has really had problems on it, and it runs exceptionally cool depending on what kind of cooling, and since yours (Im going to say stock) is using air cooling, most people don't trust WATER COOLING, etc accidental leaks at the pumps or so. its air cooled, and people report it never going over 60C. you'll notice the links i've given you, are from a manufacturer named MSI, i use them for my motherboards mainly, and they are fucking awesome, in my entire time buying from them, i've only had ONE motherboard fuck up, and i'm not entirely sure it can't be repaired either by taking the battery out and resetting the bios etc. (it was an expirmental motherboard too, so LOL at me, it wasn't a tested and released one)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814127329

this one seems to be the best card i could find, though i didn't look often, it blows the 8800 GT out of the fucking water. its a hefty penny, but, as i said, if you're going to get a graphics card, get the best one out. if you look back into the past and get something that will get you by, you'll regret it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814127360

inb4 lol, wut, i didn't understand a word you said.

Banned

omg he no need a new graphic card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i play KO with intel GMA900 with 128mb shared, 512mb ram and Processor intel centrino M 1,6 ghz !! and i run it at 25/30 fps at 1024x768 medium detail!

He just need fix the problems with the CPU.. the problem is about the 4 core! look around in internet till u find a solution for use KO application at the best of your possibility and ull run it pretty fine

twitch.tv/sneaksdota Senior Member SnEaKy's Avatar

It's because you suck Jared. Wolfenstein pls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast