Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

New PC = KO lag

This is a discussion on New PC = KO lag within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; 25 fps is shit, and thats probably in luferson, and not in CZ or moradon, where shit is 'GOIN DOWN'...
Page: 2

shankster

25 fps is shit, and thats probably in luferson, and not in CZ or moradon, where shit is 'GOIN DOWN'

:x, Like others said - Instead of going all out on cpu and shit, you should have got a real video card - I would recommend any 8800 over a 6850...or whatever crap you got xD

It's because you suck Jared. Wolfenstein pls.[/b]
    fix my fuking pc boi! then i'll rape you like a small animals v*gin* aka babyjesus aka murderface. Well wait till sunday then im done with work for the summer and i also am getting my cable 8mbps installed that day too (dsl 1.5mbps atm lol)

omg he no need a new graphic card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i play KO with intel GMA900 with 128mb shared, 512mb ram and Processor intel centrino M 1,6 ghz !! and i run it at 25/30 fps at 1024x768 medium detail!
    He just need fix the problems with the CPU.. the problem is about the 4 core! look around in internet till u find a solution for use KO application at the best of your possibility and ull run it pretty fine[/b]
    Your right! i think.. I'll explain how i figured it out below..

Ok so first heres my screen shot.. its kinda messy i know but look over it a couple times you can see just running things normally on vista at 25% cpu its a true 25% running 4 cores etc.. but when i run ko my cpu max's at 25% meaning 1 core is 1/4 of my system (25%) so ko is only running 1 core! 2.2 ghz =/ sucks.. I closed everything on my pc like seriously everything and the game ran normally like it should so it is the PROCESSORS. It is true that ko doesnt support quads right? well even if its running on 1 core at 2.2 ghz why the hell does ko max it out like wtf asdgdfds

edit: back to the video card thing.. So I kinda know what i need to fix now but with a new video card would it save me some processing speed? since my shared video card steals some resources? or does it only effect my memory?

Banned

fix my fuking pc boi! then i'll rape you like a small animals v*gin* aka babyjesus aka murderface. Well wait till sunday then im done with work for the summer and i also am getting my cable 8mbps installed that day too (dsl 1.5mbps atm lol)
    Your right! i think.. I'll explain how i figured it out below..
    Ok so first heres my screen shot.. its kinda messy i know but look over it a couple times you can see just running things normally on vista at 25% cpu its a true 25% running 4 cores etc.. but when i run ko my cpu max's at 25% meaning 1 core is 1/4 of my system (25%) so ko is only running 1 core! 2.2 ghz =/ sucks.. I closed everything on my pc like seriously everything and the game ran normally like it should so it is the PROCESSORS. It is true that ko doesnt support quads right? well even if its running on 1 core at 2.2 ghz why the hell does ko max it out like wtf asdgdfds

edit: back to the video card thing.. So I kinda know what i need to fix now but with a new video card would it save me some processing speed? since my shared video card steals some resources? or does it only effect my memory?[/b]
    with a new graphic card ull notice a power boost only if u play a game (im not talking about pacman but games like COD4 and blabla).
    Why with a new graphic card u will not see any difference with normal application?
    the answer is easy, u have alredy 3gb of ram and are enought for all the normal application, so also if your nvidia have 128mb shared ull not notice a difference.
    Only if u use 3D application (for example architect applications) then u need a good graphic card.

a little advice => memory bandwidth is more important then the memory itself. Many motherboard for use the option " Dual channel" need 2 module just alike in a configuration like A B A B if u have 4 slot for the memory ram.
    If u have 3gb then u probably have 3 module of 1 Gb each so u cant use Dual Channel...
    For use it u need decrease your memory to 2 gb and put only the 2 module in the right place or buy 1 more module (same brand) of 1 gb for a total of 4gb

Dual channel option increase of almost 2 times the memory bandwidth

with a new graphic card ull notice a power boost only if u play a game (im not talking about pacman but games like COD4 and blabla).
    Why with a new graphic card u will not see any difference with normal application?
    the answer is easy, u have alredy 3gb of ram and are enought for all the normal application, so also if your nvidia have 128mb shared ull not notice a difference.
    Only if u use 3D application (for example architect applications) then u need a good graphic card.

a little advice => memory bandwidth is more important then the memory itself. Many motherboard for use the option " Dual channel" need 2 module just alike in a configuration like A B A B if u have 4 slot for the memory ram.
    If u have 3gb then u probably have 3 module of 1 Gb each so u cant use Dual Channel...
    For use it u need decrease your memory to 2 gb and put only the 2 module in the right place or buy 1 more module (same brand) of 1 gb for a total of 4gb

Dual channel option increase of almost 2 times the memory bandwidth[/b]

is memory bandwidth the 667/800/1000 numbers? ^^ i got 4 slots and its setup like 2x512 and 2x1gb (667)

twitch.tv/sneaksdota Senior Member SnEaKy's Avatar

MSN me whenever you get off work, I'll look at some shit with you to see what exactly is going on.

shankster

you can have the fastest processor in the world, but if your video card is fucking bullshit, then your fps will be fucking bullshit, and onboard video is fucking bullshit, kk wery gud men? the video card processes the images and then sends them to the processor... obviously the faster the video card, the faster the fps because the more the card will be able to draw and output to the processor and such. PCs you buy stock are complete shit. they give you just enough to get by in a WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT. but we are not using computers for running shit like PHOTOSHOP and etc to make money, we are running very demanding games, which any stock pc's onboard video will have a tough time rendering.

evilwevel

you can have the fastest processor in the world, but if your video card is fucking bullshit, then your fps will be fucking bullshit, and onboard video is fucking bullshit, kk wery gud men? the video card processes the images and then sends them to the processor... obviously the faster the video card, the faster the fps because the more the card will be able to draw and output to the processor and such. PCs you buy stock are complete shit. they give you just enough to get by in a WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT. but we are not using computers for running shit like PHOTOSHOP and etc to make money, we are running very demanding games, which any stock pc's onboard video will have a tough time rendering.[/b]
    indeed, I'm even surprised that some people say that they can play KO with on board graphic cards.

jimfujitsu

There are a couple of things you can do without buying a new graphic card . To begin with older games like ko have a problem managing processors that have more then 1 core ( 2 or 4 ) .This can make the game at times slower or faster , thus giving a lag spike feeling . For that you will need to google for something like "amd quad core optimiser" , i would provide link but im too lazy to browse through wiz kiz forums atm.Also it has been pointed out to you about the usage of dual channel feature on your mainboard. Dual channel is a memory property that your motherboard has , which in theory doubles the speed of your ram .Look inside your mainboard and you will see probably 4 slots of memory , 2 of the same color.For dual channel feature you need to have an even number of ram slots on your pc ( 2 or 4 ) ,so basically a computer that has 2 gb of memory set up for dual channel runs faster then 1 with 3gb of memory .What you need to do is take out 1 memory dimm ,and the other 2 , insert one in one in a pair of slots of one color , and the other one in the other pair of slots of a different color , and also make sure they are in the same position ( as in both have to be lets say in first slot to the left of the color group slots ) .This should increase the overall speed of your pc .
    About graphic card , if you dont want to waste too much money get the lowest nvidia 8 series you can buy , 8400gs or something which is like 30 $ , the reason why you should do this because all 8 and above series support DirectX 10 which vista has built in.So with a few bucks you can upgrade your pc a lot in the graphic department . Good luck .

MSN me whenever you get off work, I'll look at some shit with you to see what exactly is going on.[/b]
    Alright but remember I get home from work at 6:30am ^^

you can have the fastest processor in the world, but if your video card is fucking bullshit, then your fps will be fucking bullshit, and onboard video is fucking bullshit, kk wery gud men? the video card processes the images and then sends them to the processor... obviously the faster the video card, the faster the fps because the more the card will be able to draw and output to the processor and such. PCs you buy stock are complete shit. they give you just enough to get by in a WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT. but we are not using computers for running shit like PHOTOSHOP and etc to make money, we are running very demanding games, which any stock pc's onboard video will have a tough time rendering.[/b]
    Well I was going to ATTEMPT to build my own pc at first so i can get everything out of it but I didn't want to spend that kinda money but ended up doing so with this one anyways lol but i got a sexy monitor and printer with it ^^ Its fine doing anything else I like to do on it but it's just that ko is giving me problems.

indeed, I'm even surprised that some people say that they can play KO with on board graphic cards.[/b]
    but the fact that ko only requires a 16mb video card and i still cant run this game normally with a 128mb shared is just funny

There are a couple of things you can do without buying a new graphic card . To begin with older games like ko have a problem managing processors that have more then 1 core ( 2 or 4 ) .This can make the game at times slower or faster , thus giving a lag spike feeling . For that you will need to google for something like "amd quad core optimiser" , i would provide link but im too lazy to browse through wiz kiz forums atm.Also it has been pointed out to you about the usage of dual channel feature on your mainboard. Dual channel is a memory property that your motherboard has , which in theory doubles the speed of your ram .Look inside your mainboard and you will see probably 4 slots of memory , 2 of the same color.For dual channel feature you need to have an even number of ram slots on your pc ( 2 or 4 ) ,so basically a computer that has 2 gb of memory set up for dual channel runs faster then 1 with 3gb of memory .What you need to do is take out 1 memory dimm ,and the other 2 , insert one in one in a pair of slots of one color , and the other one in the other pair of slots of a different color , and also make sure they are in the same position ( as in both have to be lets say in first slot to the left of the color group slots ) .This should increase the overall speed of your pc .
    About graphic card , if you dont want to waste too much money get the lowest nvidia 8 series you can buy , 8400gs or something which is like 30 $ , the reason why you should do this because all 8 and above series support DirectX 10 which vista has built in.So with a few bucks you can upgrade your pc a lot in the graphic department . Good luck .[/b]
    Im going to buy a video card this week I would go today or yesterday just to put it in and let you guys know but i seriously don't even got 2 hours to goto the store during the week. I would use newegg but now i wouldn't get it shipped till monday or tuesday anyways so im thinking i'll just run to the pc store on sunday and grab a 8000 series 256mb card like you said for 30-50$ or see what they have to say. Im just going to blame this all on the hot girl that worked at BestBuy trying to sell me this pc she sounded like she knew what she was talking about though and it turned me on...fuking b$^%# :lol:

shankster

no, the system requirements are correct you CAN run it, but not playable lol, and also, lots of things have changed, those system requirements haven't been updated since the original MYKO closed beta HAHA.

there is no problem with your video card, I have same issues when I got my new pc (amd dual core) with text chopping/frame splits etc. My former pc's 32mb/64mb inboard vid cards rans perfect. But now with dual core I have same problems..I dont think video card wil fix your problem..just that KO doesnt support dual/quad core pc's

there is no problem with your video card, I have same issues when I got my new pc (amd dual core) with text chopping/frame splits etc. My former pc's 32mb/64mb inboard vid cards rans perfect. But now with dual core I have same problems..I dont think video card wil fix your problem..just that KO doesnt support dual/quad core pc's[/b]

yea the text chopping is really bad i cant read names unless im standing still..

there is no problem with your video card, I have same issues when I got my new pc (amd dual core) with text chopping/frame splits etc. My former pc's 32mb/64mb inboard vid cards rans perfect. But now with dual core I have same problems..I dont think video card wil fix your problem..just that KO doesnt support dual/quad core pc's[/b]
    Well, I play it fine on my Dual Core and Quad core Pentium Computer's, Either your computer is put together wrong or dunno. And I DOUBT your 32/64 Onboard video card runs ko perfect.

Banned

Alright but remember I get home from work at 6:30am ^^
    Well I was going to ATTEMPT to build my own pc at first so i can get everything out of it but I didn't want to spend that kinda money but ended up doing so with this one anyways lol but i got a sexy monitor and printer with it ^^ Its fine doing anything else I like to do on it but it's just that ko is giving me problems.
    but the fact that ko only requires a 16mb video card and i still cant run this game normally with a 128mb shared is just funny
    Im going to buy a video card this week I would go today or yesterday just to put it in and let you guys know but i seriously don't even got 2 hours to goto the store during the week. I would use newegg but now i wouldn't get it shipped till monday or tuesday anyways so im thinking i'll just run to the pc store on sunday and grab a 8000 series 256mb card like you said for 30-50$ or see what they have to say. Im just going to blame this all on the hot girl that worked at BestBuy trying to sell me this pc she sounded like she knew what she was talking about though and it turned me on...fuking b$^%# :lol:[/b]
    u are wrong again!! Girls are good only for make sex.. in everything else better for the woman stay at home for wash up.

btw be carefull not every graphic card is better then your nvidia with shared memory... check for benchmarks in google

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast