Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No internet

This is a discussion on No internet within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Yesterday my bro did something with port forwarding ( no clue what that is ) and 15 minutes later no ...
Page: 1

Banned

Yesterday my bro did something with port forwarding ( no clue what that is ) and 15 minutes later no one in my house had internet anymore. When i start up my computer it sais limmited or no network options available right under in the task barco. The ip addres is now 169 ... ... and before it was something with 192... ... or smth. Also wireless internet isnt working either.
    Anyone knows how i can fix this ?

Thx

evilwevel

just press the reset button for 30 seconds or unplug the router for a while.

this does delete all settings so he might yell at you.

Banned

just press the reset button for 30 seconds or unplug the router for a while.

this does delete all settings so he might yell at you.[/b]
    tryd this, unplugged 2 things for like 10 minutes, didnt work

evilwevel

just press the reset button long enough or open up the configuration screen and reset it that way.

Banned

just press the reset button long enough or open up the configuration screen and reset it that way.[/b]
    i holded the resset button for ~10-15 seconds but it still aint working.
    Any other things that can make it work again?

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

turn off your modem and router wait 30 secs. then plug in your modem first, wait 15 secs for it to boot up, then your router. then go reconfigure your network via 192.168.0.1

Banned

turn off your modem and router wait 30 secs. then plug in your modem first, wait 15 secs for it to boot up, then your router. then go reconfigure your network via 192.168.0.1[/b]
    k so i did all this and now my ip is back to 192.168.0.1 instead of 169 or something.
    so i went to http://192.168.0.1 and went to lan.
    what do i have to do from there? sub net is 255.255.255.0 and gateway is 0.0.0.0
    can u do anything with that? ;o

usually there's a setup which your router puts you through. if you're not that tech savvy you should go look for the cd that came with your router\

otherwise usually there's a tab that says setup, and it's easy to do.

Banned

usually there's a setup which your router puts you through. if you're not that tech savvy you should go look for the cd that came with your router\
    otherwise usually there's a tab that says setup, and it's easy to do.[/b]
    kk ill try it, thx man

evilwevel

the address can be different depending on what brand your router is, just type in your default gateway.

Banned

the address can be different depending on what brand your router is, just type in your default gateway.[/b]
    whats my default gateway? ;o
    i still dont got internet as i dont know how to setup the router and i dont got the cd anymore

okay, hm. disconnect your router and make your ethernet cord go straight from your modem to your computer. Do you get internet?

Banned

okay, hm. disconnect your router and make your ethernet cord go straight from your modem to your computer. Do you get internet?[/b]
    tryd that yesterday with the router still connected, ill try disconecting the router and put my cable straight in the modem

EDIT: Works now. But now my dad and bro dont got internet :P

okay, so it's a matter of the router. you will need to figure out setting up the router. your modem works fine(which is a good thing :P)

if you want to know what your default gateway is... On windows press Start > Run > type "cmd" > type "ipconfig" in black box. (without quotes of course)

Banned Senior Member

Hi,
    you need to go to http://portforward.com/guides.htm
    or search for number port of your network.

I've made it, and all good. (sometimes ago)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast