Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is this normal?

This is a discussion on Is this normal? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I restored that Trojan made by K2 and disabled Resident Shield and its working , but i want my SHIELD ...
Page: 2

Banned Senior Member

I restored that Trojan made by K2 and disabled Resident Shield and its working , but i want my SHIELD back

i remember blizzard had a program that searched your computer for hacks, which turned to be illegal (privacy shit)
    now k2 ?[/b]
    WARDEN, is the program you are referring to.

For some reason I found a Trojan Virus in my Knight online directory. I though I was infected, then I reinstalled the game over.... and while I was downloading the updates FROM THE OFFICIAL UPDATE SERVER, AVG gave me this message. is this something I should be concerned about? If any of you have had similar problems, please give feedback.. Thankx.

If you don't believe me, try it for yourself.

http://img486.imageshack.us/my.php?image=k...inupdatewo9.jpg[/b]

The same happend to me to day...
    What should i do abut it? any one know
    by the way i also run avg

biosys

The real funny thing is that, it's suppose to get rid of 3rd party programs, YET IT DOESN"T EVEN WORK! There are still plenty ppl running and shooting arrow shower hacks all over the place. Everyone of them with Glowing pink Iron bows. that's just wrong...

Desaan_CZ

i was merchanting and my avg detected trojan horse so i chose the heal button then KO switched off cuz my knightonline.exe was removed to the avg virus vault. when i try restore, its back and saying me about virus, but when i go to the launcher and click on Start i see only: windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropiate permissions to acces the item!

what should i do now? :mellow:

i was merchanting and my avg detected trojan horse so i chose the heal button then KO switched off cuz my knightonline.exe was removed to the avg virus vault. when i try restore, its back and saying me about virus, but when i go to the launcher and click on Start i see only: windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropiate permissions to acces the item!

what should i do now? :mellow:[/b]
    i was logged in yesterday today update from avg and i got the same message ( windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropiate permissions to acces the item)

ill redownload when i get back from work and see what happens

Desaan_CZ

isnt here any way to download pure KnightOnline.exe or some different easy way? i dont wanna download all again <_<

zzz pressed heal as well , ko.exe is gone can&#39;t play...back to learning my exams then :P

Banned Senior Member

If you use AVG , go to AVG control center then in box where u have Anti Virus,Scheduler... chose Resident Shield and DISABLE it ... then chose Virus Vault and click OPEN find that Trojan and click RESTORE , thats it ... you will be able to play w/o downloading/reinstaling KO.

noobs do a reinstall and tell agv to ignore the threat if you want to play
    but i wouldnt play that shit

Banned

im trying install ko but only have Ares server and give me error >_<

biosys

It&#39;s not only AVG - McAfee also detected crap

biosys

And this popped up when KO was running.. This is becomming to be a problem..

According to KO offical site....

Date: 06.04.2007 Subject: Virus Detection False Positives

Hello Knight Online Players,

Many people are concerned about certain anti-virus programs detecting a Trojan Virus in the Knight Online executable that is packed in the latest patches from K2 Network. Our Quality Assurance department has installed these anti-virus programs, scanned the Knight Online files and determined these reports to be false positives. We will be contacting the larger anti-virus companies to update their databases to remove these false positives. Rest assured that the files that are distributed by K2 Network do not contain viruses or other harmful files. Thank you for your continued support of Knight Online!

- The Knight Online Team

The Virus is infecting LOCAL Files.... It infected my Virus Scanner (McAfee-under directory Network Associates), I don&#39;t think it&#39;s a false Positive...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12