Archer Guide

This is a discussion on Archer Guide within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; http://geocities.com/epark/knightonline/gu...gue-archer.html Feedback/comments welcome....
Page: 1

taugrim

Default Archer Guide

SirKnight

nice work. I hope it will help someone

cerebus

I've prolly said it before, STYX. An archer not using styx is like fire/ice fire/light never using their second element, you see alot of them but they are no threat.

taugrim

Originally posted by cerebus
    I've prolly said it before, STYX. An archer not using styx is like fire/ice fire/light never using their second element, you see alot of them but they are no threat.
    I disagree. I have no problem racking kills without styx.

If you are soloing in CZ (which I do quite a bit), styx won't help much. Your target with town or run away.

Best use for styx: in a PK party, drain the mana off an enemy 1920 while your party members take the healer down.

Cava

but you can carry only a few styx with the limited weight of rogues cause they're so fucking heavy <_<

taugrim

Originally posted by Cava
    but you can carry only a few styx with the limited weight of rogues cause they're so fucking heavy *<_<
    Agree.

If there's a particular 1920 who's giving our party trouble, I'll town to get a 2 or 3 styx to haul around to harass them.

But otherwise, I don't bother with them.

Most of the time, aside from 960 and 720 pots, I carry 6 or 7 cure pots, to cure duffs in the field off party members and me.

Cava

well there's one solution though.

get a warrior/bp to cary it for you ^_^

solo archer = ks god.

nothing more in my opinion.

taugrim

Originally posted by ballzy
    solo archer = ks god.

nothing more in my opinion.
    Here's a scenario that happens to me all the time: I shoot a target before any melee (or mage) lands an attack. I get 2 or 3 arrows in and inflict the most damage, but some other players attack my target, and one of them gets the kill.

Who ks'd who?

This happens every time I step foot in CZ. I've helped people not in my party get thousands of kills. But it doesn't bother me, that's life in CZ.

People tend to notice the other way around (archer gets killing attack in). IMO, the better players (level, equipment, skill) get their fair share of kills.

If you believe that it's the archers who primarily KS in CZ, try this little test. Find the largest group of enemy melee players, run straight at them. I guarantee that you will get targeted and hit by a ton of them. :P