Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok so how does newegg work?

This is a discussion on ok so how does newegg work? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; ok well im looking ofr a new comp to buy and i wanna shop around n shit seeing as i ...
Page: 1

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

ok well im looking ofr a new comp to buy and i wanna shop around n shit seeing as i dont know anything about building my own.

after looking i found this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16883107706

it seems pretty decent but the price is low for a reason no?

like does it come with party and i have to glue that shit together?

or it comes without software?

Strike

nope that's a pre-built pc from HP. if you click on the Specifications tab next to customer reviews and you will see what it comes with. looks like you get Vista prem 64 bit. if anything you might have to install the software yourself but the hardware is already buit.

is there anyting better i can get with that moeny?

hmm.. its decent.. 8gigs of ram sounded sexy till it said ddr2.. though im sure you wont need 8gigs of ddr3 ram. reguardless its a decent system.. i honestly prefer custom built though.. much easier to work with if you know what your doing. but still its not bad.. 512 dedicated graphics card is also nice as well. in my laptop i got 1 gig of dedicated, but 512 is more than enough trust me! i say go buy it its not that bad. i just dont like pre-mades

Strike

hmm.. its decent.. 8gigs of ram sounded sexy till it said ddr2.. though im sure you wont need 8gigs of ddr3 ram. reguardless its a decent system.. i honestly prefer custom built though.. much easier to work with if you know what your doing. but still its not bad.. 512 dedicated graphics card is also nice as well. in my laptop i got 1 gig of dedicated, but 512 is more than enough trust me! i say go buy it its not that bad. i just dont like pre-mades[/b]
    100% agree on this. unless you want to take the time to go through and pick out each part individually and then build it yourself go for it.

a bit of advice though... if you do not need a new computer right away, wait until mid - end of October before you start looking again because many companies will be having sales for the christmas season so it may be worth it to wait a month or so. this goes for not only the pre-built stuff but the custom companies as well.

hmmm k k yea i dont need like asap just looking for new compouter so if u sggest to wait hen im down ill wait

100% agree on this. unless you want to take the time to go through and pick out each part individually and then build it yourself go for it.

a bit of advice though... if you do not need a new computer right away, wait until mid - end of October before you start looking again because many companies will be having sales for the christmas season so it may be worth it to wait a month or so. this goes for not only the pre-built stuff but the custom companies as well.[/b]
    +1 with pc's and shit.. todays technology is actually yesterdays. things in the electronics area go down in price so much its not even funny.. 1 month that computer is 1,500 dollars, and next month it could be under 1 grand. not guarenteed of course but prices fluctuate so much its not even funny. so if your going to wait.. i highly suggest it as well.. could save you some money in the long run

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

yeh man, i would wait if i were you. I had my computer built from newegg, and i paid $1,070 for mines. Some of the shit i had in mines were the following:

NVidia Geforce 8800
    2gb DDR 3 RAM
    500gb Harddrive
    3.01 Core Dual Processors
    ASRock P45TURBOTWINS2000 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
    16x DVD burner
    rest of stuff was junk - red lcd, blue lcd cooling fans, floppy drive, etc.

I actually had this computer built about 4 months ago, so if you makes yours yourself, it is much cheaper, but if you wait about 2 more months or even wait till after Christmas, you will pay much less.

quick quetion theenn

wat can i get with 1300 usd

custom ofc

putting simply

wat can i build with that?

well my post i must edit it. Make that $970 to build.

Now if you would like, i can ask a buddy of mines to put up a list of parts for you via newegg to custom build a computer with a limit of $1300.

alrighty thanks a bunch

Yeh just gimme a few days to get a list for you.

k tyty

psh few days? i could do it right now. add my msn man, just one thing though.. i dont believe they assemble them yourself.. so i hope you know how to do that, its not that hard.. and if you do end up building a custom one.. make sure u dont do the shit on the floor. so many stupid people do that and the static electricity from the floor will fry your hd rofl. anyways add my msn. msg me and ill give you it.

if your going to build it yourself i'd recommend buying static gloves so you dont shock anything (escpecially the processor) plus you wont leave any fingerprints

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast