Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need help with my router

This is a discussion on Need help with my router within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I need to know how to make my router assign 2 different computers in my house different ip's. Not temporary ...
Page: 1

SpiriT_HunteR

Thumbs down

I need to know how to make my router assign 2 different computers in my house different ip's. Not temporary ones because i have already tried that but didnt work.

Any help is appreciated

Cheers, luke

SpiriT_HunteR

bump

evilwevel

what exactly have you tried ?

SpiriT_HunteR

bump

SpiriT_HunteR

bump

AndyJH

The router automatically assigns an IP address via DHCP (providing it's enabled on the router which most are)

You can change your IP address manually in windows by statically assigning it (not really recommended), bypasses the router from doing it's job

Whats your router model ?

I can type in here how to do it :P

SpiriT_HunteR

Belkin N1 Wireless router

what does statically assigning it do? And why isnt it recommended? Will i be able to change the IP of 2 different computers to 2 different IP's in the same house connected to the same router?

hej

You can only have 1 WAN ip on a router (external ip), there is some high end routers that have so you can have 2 wan configurations, so if you want the computers to have different ip on the Internet your out off luck.

evilwevel

i have absolutely no idea what you want or what the problem is.

have you configured your router ? is DHCP on or off ?

you might want to check your settings using your webbrowser.

SpiriT_HunteR

I have no idea about any of the terms you are using :S

Its just that some things that use the internet block 2 of the same ip getting onto it at the same time... and i was wondering if there was a way to bypass that

jimfujitsu

You only have 1 external / real ip on your router and it is the one provided by your ISP ( internet service provider ).

AndyJH

I have no idea about any of the terms you are using :S

Its just that some things that use the internet block 2 of the same ip getting onto it at the same time... and i was wondering if there was a way to bypass that[/b]
    What's the system your going to rapidshare ?
    You can manually force your router to change it's IP by rebooting it but the problem is you'll lose any connection to the site your on.

Just did a quick google - it sounds like this your trying to do http://www.stevenjdavidson.com/Main%20Coll...rking.%20Tw.htm

Was thinking about why you can't just use a switch in your house then put the routers on 2 different subnets. I'd need someone to look into this cos I'm not 100% when it comes to switches and shit.

evilwevel

you get assigned one IP adress by your ISP normally, i believe you can ask for more, but obviously you would have to pay extra for that.

switches won't change anything.

maybe try using a proxy on the second computer ? i'm not really good with network protocols and such, but a proxy should hide your original ip adress.

SpiriT_HunteR

Proxy sounds like a good idea, but would it make the 2 computers be able to get onto these things onto the internet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast