Fryed mobo.

This is a discussion on Fryed mobo. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; is it possible to fry a motherboard putting a fryed DDR stick in its bay . cause i had another ...
Page: 1

bazzeeka

is it possible to fry a motherboard putting a fryed DDR stick in its bay . cause i had another stick of RAM laying around , it was kingston and it was the right DDR for the board , but then someone told me it was fryed , by this time i had turned the computer on and i smelt eletrical burn smell and now computer just beeps flat out wont even load the bio's , tryed taking the stick out , resetting the bio's on the motherboard , still no luck. i think i ither killed the cpu or mobo , tested all the other parts out on another pc ,like graphics card , HDD , PSU , [they all worked] but didnt want to try the sticks of ram incase both are fryed now , and roasted my other computer.

dunno if the cpu would be still good :S

ItsAllStrength

you tried to reset the bios?

bazzeeka

bios wont boot.

evilwevel

pull out the BIOS battery (after you've shut down the computer and pulled out the power cable) and wait a few seconds (30 seconds should be enough). after that put the battery in again, power up the pc and your BIOS should be reset.