Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is this PC any good => changed some stuff

This is a discussion on Is this PC any good => changed some stuff within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; hi hi i am looking for a new pc but i don't realy know much about them. So i want ...
Page: 1

hi hi
    i am looking for a new pc but i don't realy know much about them.
    So i want your oppinions about this PC...

Processor
    Intel® Core™2 Duo E6320 Processor (1,86 GHz, 1.066 MHz, 4 MB cache)

Monitor
    Dell™ 19-inch Value-flatpanel (SE197FP) - Europian

Videocarts
    256 MB nVidia™ GeForce 8600GT grafic card

Memory
    2.048 MB 667 MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2 x 1.024]

Hard Disks
    320 GB Seriël ATA/100 hard disk (7.200 rpm) with 16 MB DataBurst™-cache

Optical
    16x DVD+/-RW-station

ControlSystem
    Windows Vista™ Home Premium - Dutch

I JUST COPIED THIS FROM A DUTCH SITE AND TRANSLATED EVERYTHING TO ENGLISH.

i don't really know what these thing all wonna say lol so give your oppinions.
    it's for gaming ofc.

btw this baby would cost me 800€

OPPINIONS PLX

Ash

Great pc, except its not for gaming. X1300 Graphics card is way too slow for todays games. Also, 22" screen has a native resolution of 1680x1050, and to play games at that resolution you would need more memory on the graphics card, like 512 would be recommended.
    As for graphics card, id recommend for you to take Ati 1950xt as it gives you the most for your cash right now. If you want DX10 consider buying a 8800GTS.

Hope that helped

ty for oppinion and advice.

I see now that 22'' is way to big

so i'll get one with 19''...i can change the graphic card in order list so that's no prob

I won't play more then KO and COD(=Call Of Duty) so is that graphic card still too slow then ?

And can i play COD 2 on Windows Vista ?

Ty Ty for giving advice/oppinions on, what for me is like chinees

need more tho!!

hej

Dont buy from Dell or HP or so, buy from a company were you can chose your one parts.

why ?

they don't give u the right stuff u ask or so ?

hej

why ?

they don't give u the right stuff u ask or so ?[/b]
    Dell, hp and so one, sell stratage is put in cool cpu, now more memory, rest crap that they cant get sold, like modem.

but i can also chose my parts if i want :huh: this is just an example they gave...with a set price, but i could put other stuff in it if i wanted to

i don't understand what's the problem or what would be the problem... explain more baba

Are these things crappy? because i'm a real noob when it comes to PC stuff :P

Ash

For KO on a 19" screen, that card should be fine

For KO on a 19" screen, that card should be fine[/b]
    and for example: WoW ?

should that be enough?

Ash

Ah, changed card, that should be enough to max wow.

MillionVoices

hi hi
    i am looking for a new pc but i don't realy know much about them.
    So i want your oppinions about this PC...

Processor
    Intel® Core™2 Duo E6320 Processor (1,86 GHz, 1.066 MHz, 4 MB cache)

Monitor
    Dell™ 19-inch Value-flatpanel (SE197FP) - Europian

Videocarts
    256 MB nVidia™ GeForce 8600GT grafic card

Memory
    2.048 MB 667 MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2 x 1.024]

Hard Disks
    320 GB Seriël ATA/100 hard disk (7.200 rpm) with 16 MB DataBurst™-cache

Optical
    16x DVD+/-RW-station
    ControlSystem
    Windows Vista™ Home Premium - Dutch
    I JUST COPIED THIS FROM A DUTCH SITE AND TRANSLATED EVERYTHING TO ENGLISH.

i don't really know what these thing all wonna say lol so give your oppinions.
    it's for gaming ofc.

btw this baby would cost me 800€

OPPINIONS PLX [/b]
    I build my own systems so look here:

800 Euro=1100 USD

they is basically charging you like 300 USD for the Monitor Alone.

That system costs like 500 usd im estimating look.

Here is how much your PC is worth:
    E6320= $165
    Motherboard=75$
    8600 GT=119$
    Ram=$100
    HD=$70
    Case=$40
    PSU=$40
    DVD=$30

TOTAL=$649 USD (Im 100% sure its less, cause i threw in case and Power Supply)

Then they make you pay for your crappy monitor twice as MUCH. And they charge you for Vista.

So basically W/o Monitor your system is worth $650 they charging you $1100
    lets say monitor which is worth like 100-150$
    so thats 750-800 = $1100
    no thx

Instead of 8600gt go for the 8600gts, it's a lot faster and doesen't cost much more. Last I checked maybe 20-30$ more, but investing in a good midrange video card is a big step.

Never buy a top-of-the-line video card. Midrange cards will always run games fine if you do you're research and spending a lot on a high end card will leave you closed for future proofing. A good example of this - people who payed a shitload for a 7900gts are screwed because it isn't dx10 compatable, but those who bought a 7600gt can still run their games at a good speed and have the money to buy a newer card with a different chipset, thus futureproofing their computer for a bit longer.

The cpu is fine, but I have always prefered AMD for gaming. Intel dual core is great, especially for work tasks but in general AMD cpu's use more advanced motherboard gaming chipsets. There are exeptions, but this is the general case. I prefer Intel because I dont do much gaming aside from a few current games from time to time, but if I was building a machine designed for gaming specifically then I would choose an AMD 64 x2 4200+ or higher.

I have a 22' HP w2207 monitor and freaking love it to death. The picture quality is superb for the price, so I don't really see any need in getting a small 19in monitor, however, if you do I recommend a 20in HP w2007 which is the same but a little smaller. I own both (wife uses the 20in I use the 22) and can't recommend them enough. The glossy screen is perfect for games and the contrast ratio is on-par with CRT displays.

As for your memory, 2gigs is plenty. (for now) Just make sure it has a good latency, you get what you pay for with ram to a certain extent. I always prefer G-Skill (new brand but they are affordable with great quality), OCZ and Kingston. There are many higher priced alternatives but there is a point where it just doesen't matter, extremely high priced ram is rediculous.

If your building your own pc, invest in a good case. I am not talking about those 300$ server towers you see coolermaster pumping out, but something in the mid range (90-140 without PSU). Thermaltake, LianLi and coolermaster are good choices. Having a good case and PSU will help keep your parts safe, cool and inevitably they will last longer.

Motherboard matters too, but after I finished the above rant I realized that your looking to buy one premade so I am wasting air, but if you do plan to build stay away from brands like msi, asrock and a few of the other cheap alternatives. MSI has a long list of doa's and typically don't last as long as Asus boards or maybe some select Gigabyte's.

MillionVoices

he dosnt know how to build one...

AMD sucks, everyone who even owned AMD switched over to Intel. Only a few die harders waiting for AMD Barcelona and there arent even any definitive bench marks.

AMD 64 x2 4200= is 70$ CPU crap.

How can you even compare it to Dual Core, even the crappiest dual core will rape it on any benchmark.

Even the AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 which was $1000 last year is only 200$ now.

Intel is by far the best right now.

Especially with July 22nd's Pirce drops Q6600 Quad Core at only $299. Intel is by far the best you can get for your buck.

benchmarks don't mean shit... real world performance ftw. AMD cpu's don't suck at all. I own an intel dualy 2ghz and it's great, but I also own a 3800+ and notice hardly any speed difference.

One thing I can't stand is fanboys. Both ATI and Nvidia make good gaming chipsets, same with the AMD versus Intel argument. I don't see how people can actually say either sucks, both can offer speeds to suit anyone. Benchmarks are for geeks and statistics majors, real world performance is what you need to look at.

Mistral

anyone that knows a little about hardware should know that Intel Core 2 Duo > AMD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast