Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is this PC any good => changed some stuff

This is a discussion on Is this PC any good => changed some stuff within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; hmm thx alot for advices an oppinions i don't know to make myself one so that's why i search on ...
Page: 2

hmm thx alot for advices an oppinions

i don't know to make myself one so that's why i search on internet for premade...

I'm also in contact with someone that has a computer bussiness... and i said to him how much i wanted to spend and he gave me some stuff, that was like 850€ but without a screen so if he emails me a new combination i'll also post it here to compare...

he dosnt know how to build one...

AMD sucks, everyone who even owned AMD switched over to Intel. Only a few die harders waiting for AMD Barcelona and there arent even any definitive bench marks.

AMD 64 x2 4200= is 70$ CPU crap.

How can you even compare it to Dual Core, even the crappiest dual core will rape it on any benchmark.

Even the AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 which was $1000 last year is only 200$ now.

Intel is by far the best right now.

Especially with July 22nd's Pirce drops Q6600 Quad Core at only $299. Intel is by far the best you can get for your buck.[/b]
    lol well you tell me why everything is starting to be amd?? i went to like 6 different stores and a saw 80% of pc's amd and not intel... intel and amd are only diff processors... it doesnt mean your ram will suck, or your graphics card will suck.. its like cars.. one of them is a toyota and the other is honda.... just a different make... my processors is an amd 64 X2 dual-core 4400+.. its better than any pentium 4 or pentium D 920-..... anyways.. its your opinion.. if you dont like amd your choice

KokoGG

nVidia 8 Series is shit imo

but yea dont take my word :P

nVidia 8 Series is shit imo

but yea dont take my word :P[/b]
    Yep they arn't all that great at the moment, but still offer improvements in most games over the 7 series. The big deal about it is the dx10 support and I believe some special blueray decoding crap but I am not up to date on blueray and hdvd, I guess we can only hope nvidia will release updated drivers to cut off the bottlenecks.

MillionVoices

Lol intel at all times high in QUARTERLY profits and AMD in negatives, its because AMD's best proccesor now is beat by a crappy DUAL core.

Atm Intel is the god. Its not 2005, where AMD owned gaming, thats been long gone since the introduction of dualies and now Extremply Cheap Quads from intel. every time AMD releases sometnig intel just cuts their prices, it wont be long b4 AMD goes bankrupt .

P.S what real world performace, a Benchmark is the only real world performace lol..

What stores lol?

"i Went to like 6 different stores and a saw 80% of pc's amd and not intel"

Thats because all the pcs in their stores were crap.

you can forget about P4 and Pentium D..thats like SNES compared to PS3.

MillionVoices

lol well you tell me why everything is starting to be amd??[/b]
    lol i want you to go to any major gaming forums and say that.

you just said Ferrari is replaced by a honda civic. No JOKE!!

Nothnig starting to be AMD at all.

Its actually the exact opposite all the fans of AMD left to Intel.

Ash

This is starting to get out of topic, but here goes..

At the moment, Intel Core 2 Duo is better with multitasking, meaning using more programs at the same time.
    AMD is still very good for their prices.

If you compare, AMD X2 6000+ vs Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, they have similar performance, AMD is slightly better at most games(notice, i said most, NOT all), while Intel is slightly better with multitasking. Now, AMD X2 6000+ is cheaper than E6600, BUT, the Intel one is alot more popular right now, due to its overclocking abilities, its cooler, and uses less electricity, so it can be overclocked alot.

So in other words, check online tests, where they test the procesor you are intressted in, how it preforms in the applications you wish to use. Dont just look for benchmarks as PCMark, 3DMark and thing like that, check preformance in the programs/Games you wish to play, and wich resolutions you with to play the games at.
    If you are not going to overclock, wichever you choose, you dont really miss out on much.

Back to topic:
    Yeah, that PC is good.
    You could get more for your money if you buy the parts and build it yourself, but as you have stated, you dont know how to do that, so premade pc is ok.
    Like someone said, if you can, try getting a 8600GTS, if you cant, 8600GT is fine, but make sure its GDDR3 memory on it and not GDDR2, since 3 is alot faster and much better for gaming.

Hope that helped.

ty for help all

MillionVoices

Just like you said, It hotter and uses more Power. Who needs that?

AMD X2 6000 is stock at 3 GHZ and max oc can be like to 3.2 on it which is like 6 % OC..
    Also the L2 Cahce is only 2mb.

Its 90nm just like a P4.

E6600 is 65nm.

E6600 can be taken from its 2.4 to 3.6 Easily.
    L2 Cahce is 4mb, which is huge.

In my opinion im just scared for AMD, because on July 22nd (THEY CUT ALL PRICES IN HALF, I MEAN IT $500 chips to $250!!)Intel stock and Quarterly profits sky rocketed because of the insane price cuts. The Second AMD will even realese something. Intel Just will throw their 45 nm on them and its over again. They have them by the BALLS literally. Let me look for some article about X2 6000+..

Feb 22, 2007
    http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/9805/532/

My advice to anyone buidling PC soon stick to Q6600(Quad Core) its $289 on NewEgg, its best chip on market with the most potential.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12