PC hangs after 10 mins of playing

This is a discussion on PC hangs after 10 mins of playing within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Anyone else had this problem? I've tried to stresstest my hardware with no avail since it worked perfect. I can ...
Page: 1

Helldin665

Anyone else had this problem?
    I've tried to stresstest my hardware with no avail since it worked perfect.
    I can play Mass Effect but not KO? :huh:

Specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: Swedish)
    System Manufacturer: MSI
    System Model: MS-7260
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Page File: 470MB used, 1990MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
    Display Tab 1: No problems found. DirectDraw test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 7 test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 8 test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 9 test results: All tests were successful.
    Sound Tab 1: DirectSound test results: All tests were successful.
    Music Tab: DirectMusic test results: All tests were successful.
    Input Tab: No problems found.
    Network Tab: No problems found. DirectPlay test results: All tests were successful.

Any suggestions is accepted.

mjollner

download the latest drivers for your video card, might help
    (unless you dont have one, as your lack of mentioning it seems to suggest in which case buy one.... please for the love of god buy one)

Helldin665

After trying everything, reinstalling drivers, testing the card in other games (worked fine... for a while)...

Finally it completly gave up and refuses to go out of lowdrive when using 3D apps.

New GC in a week or so. Any suggestions are welcome.
    Im not looking for the best of the best since i dont play those games just fyi

Taeho

Do you have to restart the computer manually when the PC freeze? As in switching the power off and back on or can you just cancle the current process through the task manager?

Helldin665

I Have to reset the pc since it completely freezes.

Sometimes it just flickers and gives me a chance to terminate the 3D app im running and after that it works again. But no more gaming for a while