Pc and Laptop can't find eachother in the network

This is a discussion on Pc and Laptop can't find eachother in the network within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; hey, so here is the problem, i use my laptop to put my music and movies on, and i dl'd ...
Page: 1

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

hey,

so here is the problem, i use my laptop to put my music and movies on,
    and i dl'd some movies lasst night on my main pc, and i want to put them on my laptop.

But the Laptop can't find my Pc on the network ( and other way around to).3
    I really dont know what the problem.

Dunno if it might help, but my laptop can't ping my desktop, end my deskopt cant ping my laptop.

hej

If they are on a router and both can get out on the Internet you probably have a software firewall that bocks or you haven't shared anything on the computer you try to find.

If they are on a router and both can get out on the Internet you probably have a software firewall that bocks or you haven't shared anything on the computer you try to find.[/b]
    Yes we are on a router, and no even when i unblock my firewalls it doesnt work
    and im not that retarded, ofc i have stuff shared

help me pls

stefann

just connect pc and laptop with lan and transfer what u need. btw computer and laptor must have same passwords. and share what u want to transfer.

evilwevel

i'm no expert at this but what i did is just insert the windows cd in my laptop, selected that creat a "whatever it's called in english" network. after a few screen i just had to select that i wanted to add more coputers to that network, inserted the cd in my desktop did the same and now everything works like a charm.

if you got the dutch windows (most likely) just go to "mijn netwerklocaties" , normally you should see the laptop's shared folder in there (if the laptop's connected to the internet)

Shimmy

depends if you set your network upto "sharing" if you havn't done this then it will be why you cant see each computer.

just connect pc and laptop with lan and transfer what u need. btw computer and laptor must have same passwords. and share what u want to transfer.[/b]
    Thats the point, even with a ethernet cable it doesnt wann reconise eachother

i'm no expert at this but what i did is just insert the windows cd in my laptop, selected that creat a "whatever it's called in english" network. after a few screen i just had to select that i wanted to add more coputers to that network, inserted the cd in my desktop did the same and now everything works like a charm.

if you got the dutch windows (most likely) just go to "mijn netwerklocaties" , normally you should see the laptop's shared folder in there (if the laptop's connected to the internet)[/b]
    That's what i did in the beginning of setupping my pc, and bij mijn netwerklocaties it doesnt show the folders that are beeing shared,
    which means i can't acces my pc, not even with start > run > \\"pc name"

depends if you set your network upto "sharing" if you havn't done this then it will be why you cant see each computer.[/b]
    It is stated on sharing

stefann

do like this.

Open local area conection on pc. properties/network/internet protocol/ and set ip adres 192.168.0.1.

on laptop.
    P address: 192.168.0.XXX
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.0.1

DNS: 192.168.0.1 .

if u have internet on pc and u want to have on laptop.
    then just put ip 192.168.0.1 on pc.
    On laptop just set automatic.

I hope u can undurstand.

~Sorry for my bad english~

Banned
    Boston Mass aka Murder Mass . . . . ';-] . . . Server: ares best server Clan: BuDDaH grade: [1] Clan Rank:43 gg clan Character: BuDDaH

Lightbulb

do like this.

Open local area conection on pc. properties/network/internet protocol/ and set ip adres 192.168.0.1.

on laptop.
    P address: 192.168.0.XXX
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.0.1

DNS: 192.168.0.1 .

if u have internet on pc and u want to have on laptop.
    then just put ip 192.168.0.1 on pc.
    On laptop just set automatic.

I hope u can undurstand.
    ~Sorry for my bad english~[/b]
    that would work

stefann

well that work on my pc & laptop...

oh and forgot on internet connection properties/advance and click on allow other network user......

Banned
    Boston Mass aka Murder Mass . . . . ';-] . . . Server: ares best server Clan: BuDDaH grade: [1] Clan Rank:43 gg clan Character: BuDDaH

Exclamation

well that work on my pc & laptop...

oh and forgot on internet connection properties/advance and click on allow other network user......[/b]
    he can download a program for wireless connections to search for ips to connect too on downloads.com ;s

stefann

hmm i think u answer in wrong topick :P
    Btw tell me name of program

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

What OS is installed on each machine, and how are you connecting them?

The steps someone put above are about right for a wired connection.

You might want to try using netmeeting to throw files around... start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Communications -> NEtmeeting

Just connect by IP address and then use File Transfer.

Not particularly graceful, but it works