Realtek Sound Drivers Not Working On Vista,

This is a discussion on Realtek Sound Drivers Not Working On Vista, within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello, I put Vista on my PC. My sound drivers did not work, yes all my components are compatable with ...
Page: 1

Jason269

Thumbs down

Hello,

I put Vista on my PC. My sound drivers did not work, yes all my components are compatable with Vista before anyone asks. I got updates for Vista come through but not Service pack 1, at this time my sound drivers was not working, it said there is no device meaning its not even picking it up on my motherboard. So i installed the updates and a Audio Device Driver PnP was installed. i restarted PC and my sound drivers worked fine.

Next day the update come through Service Pack 1, upon completion of installation my sound drivers stopped working again. The drivers are still installed but it says there is no device. Now i know that alot of people have problems with Realtek sound drivers for vista. Does anyone know how to sort this? I can't be on the computer with no sound, it sucks...

Ive had this problem over a week now, ive been on the internet searched loads of sites and never can find the right one. Yes i unistall the drivers first, restart PC, then install new and restart PC and still don't work.

Anyone have or had this problem that sound Vista drivers for Realtek don't work?

If anyone knows a site i can install the correct drivers then please do help. It will be much appricated.

Thanks.

- Deadly

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

32 or 64bit?

Have you installed the newest driver sets? Also I suggest turning of UAC if not done yet.
    Also, are you using any sort of USB headset/speakers? Or perhaps an external soundcard?

Drivers can be found here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...p;GetDown=false