Need help!

This is a discussion on Need help! within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok so i was on my computer this morning and it was running WAY slower than usual. I just ignored ...
Page: 1

Ok so i was on my computer this morning and it was running WAY slower than usual. I just ignored it and figured it was my internet since we just got past a big storm. Well it kept happening then all of a sudden i got the blue screen of death (I think). Said windows has encountered a problem or something and has shut down to prevent further damage. I dont know what all it said besides that. :/ Im afraid to turn it back on but if i do, what do i need to do? Im going to work and will be back in 8 hours so if anyone has ideas please let me know

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Your first BSOD? I get it, you never used Windows 3.1, 95 or 98 even.

Just boot it up, if there's any major damage you'll notice soon enough. I hardly doubt its hardware related though, most likely just the CPU running hot or a failed windows application causing the crash.

evilwevel

join the club :lol:

BSOD is nothing to worry about when you don't get it all the time (every time you boot for example). it's just something windows does. just reboot and go on with your life. it probably won't be the last BSOD you'll ever see.

(must say that it took me quite a while to get one on one of my computers. used xp for 4 years, and just switched to win7 where i get a BSOD whenever i put my pc in sleep mode)

Ok well thanks for the info, glad it isnt anything

Banned

BSOD is 90% of the time a Trojan. The original purpose of it was to shut off windows in a case of a hardware issue to prevent any damages. If you weren't getting it before, and you haven't changed any hardware (installed new PCI card, printer, wireless mouse) then it's likely caused by a virus of some kind.

Install Malwarebytes free edition and run a scan. Also try Spybot search and destroys free scan. If your PC is too slow to even try that, you might try removing your HDD and scanning it from another PC.