PC temperatures (CPU)

This is a discussion on PC temperatures (CPU) within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So, I did download an program on wich you can check what temperature your cpu has. It had an temperature ...
Page: 1

So, I did download an program on wich you can check what temperature your cpu has. It had an temperature arround 76 ºC and 1 time it did reach till 92 ºC.. thats very abnormal! So I did clean my computer with an vacuümcleaner and took away most of the dust. There is still some dust behind the CPU cooler wich I couldnt get out because I dont have an compressor. It has an temperature arround 66 ºC now

Screenshots:

In the first screenshot, everest home edition, you can see that there is no CPU temperature.. something isnt right here? My mate has it there tho
    Any computer geniues can help me or something? :P

Dunno, download Core Temp it's simple to use and I've heard bad stories of Speed fans' auto speed feature

Most dual core CPU's run higher temp's now anyway unless you got a good cooling setup.

It's critical if they hit 150F, mine usually never push 110 so I'm not worried. I'm running temp gagues for the CPU's and HDD's because if they fail my website goes tits up

EDIT: shit I wasn't reading that right 92c, GET IT SORTED PRONTO!!!

Check you fan speed in the BIOS and look at getting additional cooling

There you go

Gonna check fan speed now, hope I can find it xD

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

My computer has digital numbers on the front of the tower about the drivers door. Altough for me, it never goes over 30c but i have 4 fans in my pc so i dunno :/

Banned

50Celsius is pretty normal with KO on.
    I have that, with 5 fans in my pc

I'm not sure about clock multipliers overclocking ain't my thing. How long have you had the PC, custom built or pre-bought ?

How many cooling fans does the PC have?
    Try blowing the heatsink with air from your lungs, does the same job and a clogged heatsink can fry your CPU

If that doesn't work, reboot the PC go into BIOS and put it into safe mode / safety defaults, until you have it sorted your PC won't be running as quick

I'd be tempted for the heatsink jobbie however, if you say you can't get any compressed air it's probably clogged to shit. Just blow on it hard whilst it switched off to clean it somebit or get some tweezers and gently pull any dirt out you can reach

50Celsius is pretty normal with KO on.
    I have that, with 5 fans in my pc[/b]
    Doesn't sound right, how overclocked is your PC, mine runs about 38/39 max whilst playing KO :P and my room is currently 30 celsius with only 2 fans cooling it and I still dont like it that high

EDIT : Just looked at pics, clean the heatsink blowing air on it, get a secondary cooling fan you only have one by looks of it. May wanna check your dual core setup, CPU0 is maxed and CPU1 is on 0% which aint' right

Yep, custom build, like 1,5 years? First time I clean it from inside.. My fan in the bios did had like 2500 RPM, there was 1 option disabled, CPU Q-FAN profile wich I now did put on enabled, optimal mode. Doesnt seems to change anything..

I have 2 fans, 1 on the rear of my pc and 1 on my processor

EDIT: not overclocked btw.. never did anything with it. Did let an dude in my street build my pc, I did choose what I would like to have he did build it

Yep, custom build, like 1,5 years? First time I clean it from inside.. My fan in the bios did had like 2500 RPM, there was 1 option disabled, CPU Q-FAN profile wich I now did put on enabled, optimal mode. Doesnt seems to change anything..

I have 2 fans, 1 on the rear of my pc and 1 on my processor

EDIT: not overclocked btw.. never did anything with it. Did let an dude in my street build my pc, I did choose what I would like to have he did build it[/b]
    Your PC probably just needs a clean then, but fuck me you've been lucky. That temperature could kill a CPU quick.
    CPU Q-Fan btw is basically it spins up really really quick when your PC first starts to keep the CPU cool and clean it from shit so that should help a bit. I'd consider getting a case fan they're really cheap and it's extra cooling.

In the meantime try the suggestion of blowing hard on your heatsink try and get the dust cleaned off it. The temps should drop

Behind that propellor is the heatsink I guess? :P Did try to get it out of there but without succes.. Is there anyway to get rid of that propellor thingy just to clean the heatsink? Else I need to get compressed air from somewere, maybe the dust got baked onto the heatsink wouldnt be hard with 92C lol..

Make sure you're PC is switched off and you're grounded (touch a radiator)

You can remove the fans themselves from the heatsink they're just screwed into it. If the PC is switched off you should be able to put some tweezers in between the fan gaps and pull any dirt out

Okay! Ill try it out friday when my dad is back! Dont wanna fuck up the pc ^^ Thanks for helping me out so fast dude! I really appreciate it
    And how do I check the dual core settings?

EDIT: if I open another internet explorer the other CPU will work, got it on 50% with the first CPU on 100% when the page got loaded it turns to 0% - 3% again

Sounds like it's working, I'm not 100% sure on how the dual core technologies work it shares the load. Yours looks to dedicate 100% then split when needed. Mine seems to split always

kishtan

If you need to clean the inside of your comp, just get yourself a can of compressed air duster. You can get it at most electronic stores like best buy, or office equipment stores like office depot or office max. A can will run you around $10-15.

Well, I will try to get compressed air else I will give it a shot! Got it on whole night and it didnt go arround 50 - 53 C and when I did shut down knight online it went to 43C

evilwevel

this might solve your CPU problem (not the heat, the 100% <=> 0%)

http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...howtopic=178677

only works if you&#39;re still on xp.