2 KO Versions

This is a discussion on 2 KO Versions within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Is it possible to have two versions of KO installed at the same time? (Example: USKO and MYKO) Or would ...
Page: 1

Blaze

Default 2 KO Versions

Is it possible to have two versions of KO installed at the same time? (Example: USKO and MYKO) Or would one version overwrite the other?

MaDDoG[DC]

i know u can have usko and japko on the same time dont know if will work with myko but i think it will

Blaze

I installed MYKO after I had USKO. I renamed the USKO folder and moved it out of Program Files before I installed MYKO. MYKO installed alright and I registered and made an account. Now whenever I try to run MYKO, after the login it says "Version Invalid". Not sure what to do now. I know that USKO has automatic updates when you run it for the first time but nothing is happening with MYKO. Anyone know what I should do now?

Did u remember to save / edit registry when u did rename USKO ?

bukovski

Just use diferent directory when install
    btw dont install USKO just copy / past directory with USKO instalation and then install other version.

No idea about others but I pretty much did nothing except installing...

Only difference is I had them on different directories (let's say usko on e:/KO and Jap ko on e:/Jap KO)

Never needed to uninstall or move any version I had before installing another..

Blaze

Ok, thanks a lot for the help. I got MYKO working but I am only getting about 20 fps and it lags A LOT. I usually get around 50 fps when I play on USKO. So it isn't that my computer is slow. I also have about 160 GB of free space so that isn't the problem either. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? And are there any suggestions on what I should do?

Dragonfaire

My hunsabd has MYKO and USKO on his but for some reason I can't get both on mine It always over writes the other no matter what we try :lol: Oh well MYKO lags for me any way :P

Originally posted by Blaze
    Ok, thanks a lot for the help. I got MYKO working but I am only getting about 20 fps and it lags A LOT. I usually get around 50 fps when I play on USKO. So it isn't that my computer is slow. I also have about 160 GB of free space so that isn't the problem either. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? And are there any suggestions on what I should do?
    dont worry its not you myko is always laggy and dcs you alot i tried to play it but it wouldnt let me have myko and usko installed at the same time it would jsut overwite each other

Matador

Here is what I did. I went to the control panel and made another user account. I downloaded Myko first then USko and saved the USko installing onto a disc. I then went to the other user account and downloaded it there. Worked perfectly. O yea also when you make the account, it must be admin and it must be private to all folders do not click the share between accounts.