Need some help....

This is a discussion on Need some help.... within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; For some reason, when i try to run RegEdit or MSConfig through the Run command, they will come up like ...
Page: 1

Default Need some help....

For some reason, when i try to run RegEdit or MSConfig through the Run command, they will come up like normal, then close after about 5 seconds. This same thing happens when i go to C:Windows and run RegEdit from there. The same problem happens when i run it via a Command Prompt... rebooted, uninstalled some of the more recent Windows updates.... everything i can think of....

Any help would be appreciated

WhenTheSkyTurnsDark

That's happened to me a long time ago. I can't remember what the real problem was, but there's a probability that it was a virus, because I remember scanning and deleted something from my computer that was doing this. If this isn't it, try to remember when this thing started to happen, and try to System Restore it back to that point. If neither of these work, sorry, I've tried. Good luck.

np, i've tried to remember, but i can't think of the last time i needed to use regedit or msconfig for anything. Also, for some reason i have no saved restore points, only other option i know of is to reformat, which i'm working on atm

WhenTheSkyTurnsDark

Then good luck with that, and i'm guessing you have no checkpoints because you haven't made any changes to your computer recently, maybe if you scrolled through the months when you added a program, deleted a program, or w/e. Other than that, a reformat would most likely do the trick.

Nosferatu_Incognito

so the progs are closing on thier own free will?

Rentzusuken

Most likely a virus. I remember when a few of them like bugbear did this.

Go into safe mode and try there.

Tried safe mode as well, that didn't work so i reformatted last night. Thx for the help though babas.