KnightsOnLine.exe crashes

This is a discussion on KnightsOnLine.exe crashes within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well, I ve been getting this message recently (2-3 weeks ago) Game crashes randomly, 5min til 5 hours, everything is ...
Page: 1

Patient

Smile

Well, I ve been getting this message recently (2-3 weeks ago)

Game crashes randomly, 5min til 5 hours, everything is possible. But its getting worse...

I have ZoneAlarm and AVG free versions installed (fully updated).
    Also some other applications crash, like firefox or starcraft .
    I also had problems with xtrap but that passed with new xtrap update.

I turned off avg and even reinstalled windows but nothing worked. I think i even tried shutting down ZoneAlarm but not even that worked.
    Anyway, i really like ZoneAlarm and i dont wanna change my firewall (if not neccessary) so I wanted to ask you guys if anyone had similar problems?

Thanks!

DM:X

either ur processor gets overheated or ur graphic card. get a new processor cooler or clean it up

after a while ur game wont crash like this but ur whole pc will restart

Patient

Hm, interesting, that seems to be the problem. If it is, I bet its processor, because its much older then graphic card (bought it few months ago).

I cleaned cooling fan and i hope it will work now. I also installed small program for monitoring processors temperature.

My computer is pretty old so i guess that could be the problem.

AMD Athlon xp 1600+ FTW

Anyway, thanks for helping me

Patient

Well, its not processor (I cleaned it and monitored temperature) and its definitely not graphic card (i tried old card and works fine).

But i found the problem, its stupid RAM.

I have 3 RAMs. 256 X 2 and one 512. 512 is new and works fine but one of older models or slot on motherboard is probably not working properly so i kicked them out for now and everything is going nice except i now have only 512 instead 1g of RAM h34r:

theprodigy

i advise you to go to newegg.com and get yourself 2gig of ram. crist 512 mb 1 gig how can u even play.

Patient

i advise you to go to newegg.com and get yourself 2gig of ram. crist 512 mb 1 gig how can u even play.[/b]

Hahaha, i just don't wanna waste money on something i don't actually need.
    And i don't need 2g for ko,lol.
    But, soon i will change whole comp anyway.

p.s. I remember I "played" ko with 256mb and 8 mb graphic card (S3savage), LOLZ

Patient

So, finally i think i got it. All RAM modules are working fine now. I think there was a problem with synchronization of ram-motherboard-cpu. My computer couldn't restart or start normally, i needed to try starting it couple of times before it would work.
    So my solution was to lower DRAM frequency to match FSB frequency in BIOS and now everything works fine and i have again 1G RAM h34r: