ports

This is a discussion on ports within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i got huge lags recently and i think it's conected to my fierwall/launcher... can some1 give the ko client ports? ...
Page: 1

Sp4wN

Default ports

i got huge lags recently and i think it's conected to my fierwall/launcher...
    can some1 give the ko client ports?
    thanx in advance

__countess__

I'm pretty sure they're random and i'm pretty sure that it's not your firewall.
    A simple firewall can just deny access to specific ports.
    More sophisticated firewalls can limit the bandwidth on specific ports/hosts/proccesses but nothing windows-based that i know, plus, u'de have to set it up yourself, so unless you limited the bandwidth yourself on your linux firewall or your cisco router or whatever, then the answer to your connection problem is somewhere else.

Knowing the type of your connection, hardware and firewall you use would help me give you more answers.

P.S. If you really wanna see the port KO client is really running you can just check the active TCP sessions on your firewall, or just open a DOS window and type netstat -na (that's while KO is running of course) but you're not going anywhere, i'm pretty sure it's random.