Can't Create D3D device. please, check DirectX or display card driver

This is a discussion on Can't Create D3D device. please, check DirectX or display card driver within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; hey guys. I seem to be getting this error. "Can't Create D3D device. please, check DirectX or display card driver" ...
Page: 1

Alive

hey guys.

I seem to be getting this error.

"Can't Create D3D device. please, check DirectX or display card driver"

I've tried alot of suggestions so far to fix it

1) updating Graphics Card
    2) updating DirectX to 9.1
    3) turning down my hardware acceleration in Control Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced.
    4) I ever tried opening on a different user.

yet I still keep getting the error.

please any help would be greatly appreciated, Since I logged on about a week ago with no errors and can't now there has to be something to fix it.

mjollner

are you sure your card is capable of rendering d3d?

Alive

how can you find out?

and why wouldn't it be able to? i played KO like 1 week ago and everything was fine.

btw my card is a Intel GMA 950.

its on my laptop.

mjollner

if its worked before that wouldn't be the problem. i think ppl have had this problem before.

Search, I posted a resolution to this.

Something like you needed lates version of dirext X, and latest version of graphics card drivers. If it doesn't work means it's being done wrong. I know the method I posted works because I did it on a Windows 2003 Server

EDIT : btw, you also should type dxdiag into start - run and run the graphics tests, when the boxes become highlighted you will be able to play the game

i got the same problem, but ko has been working for me the last month or so, so its kind of od... but i mandged to logg in once but then my chr's only had there face and no body, no item no nothing, then i re logged and there name was listed but no chr so its pretty messy, btw im using VISTA

iKon

reinstall direct x from some new game, if not working
    install newest drivers for graphic card, if not working
    if it works week ago then try to restore point a week ago when all was fine

bum! its mean "open gl" so you have wrong graphic driver .. try to search other ones

Hypnos

GMA 950 is a 3D card. Either you're missing drivers for it, or there's a problem with your DirectX installation.

This should be the driver you need:
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Fi...?ProductID=2102

If that doesn't fix it, this will upgrade your DirectX to 9.0c (Unless you're on Vista, in which case you already have DX 10):
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

GoldenKnight

i get the same problem sometimes....

i just reboot and its fixed

try that

ShooFly

ok, if you have all the right drivers, and at least DX 9.0 and up you should be able to run KO without this problem.

My suggestion:

go to start -> run ->type in dxdiag
    wait for the screen to come up, and click on the 3rd tab over (display) and make sure the boxes labeled directdraw acceleration, direct3d acceleration, and AGP texture acceleration are checked. hit save all information and you should be fine.

If not, idk whats wrong.

TrustyTheClown Senior Member G3rm4n's Avatar

swich in BIOS to VGA OnBoard graphic.. then deinstall all drivers of the graphic card... google----> Driver kid (your card) -----> Download ----> install ----> restart -----> BIOS -----> Swich back to your card with the new driver kid

the current D3D drivers are on the most new DEMOS or Download it also... thats up to you

that should work, i have that lots of time if i start FarCry2 or DeadSpace... it allways said my driver is not up to date.. be4 you change anything.... get a complet new driver kid for your card