a pretty strange proplem.

This is a discussion on a pretty strange proplem. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; iam using alaptop with windows vista home premium,the laptop is from hp& it has:core2duo processor 2.0 ,3070mb ram,nvidia geforce 8400m ...
Page: 1

bossgasefox

Thumbs down

iam using alaptop with windows vista home premium,the laptop is from hp& it has:core2duo processor 2.0 ,3070mb ram,nvidia geforce 8400m gs with directx 10.

everything works normally at the game(the launcher opens nomrally,and everything works smoothely)untill iget to the charcter select screen,isee my charcter normally but everthing else is white and idont see any buildings,any way it isnt aproplem then ichoose my charcter and load nomrally but guess what icant see any walls,stalls,trees,mountains or any ingame details,even portals so iam stuck in mordon and cant walk normally or do anything(iget stuck most of the time) iknow its the graphic card but iplay games like nfsro street with no proplem lol,if u know the soultion please tell me fast!!!!!!!!!

CaVity

iam using alaptop with windows vista home premium,the laptop is from hp& it has:core2duo processor 2.0 ,3070mb ram,nvidia geforce 8400m gs with directx 10.

everything works normally at the game(the launcher opens nomrally,and everything works smoothely)untill iget to the charcter select screen,isee my charcter normally but everthing else is white and idont see any buildings,any way it isnt aproplem then ichoose my charcter and load nomrally but guess what icant see any walls,stalls,trees,mountains or any ingame details,even portals so iam stuck in mordon and cant walk normally or do anything(iget stuck most of the time) iknow its the graphic card but iplay games like nfsro street with no proplem lol,if u know the soultion please tell me fast!!!!!!!!![/b]
    If you have fast loading patch, uninstall the game, delete manually the Knight Online folder and reinstall the game without installing the fast loading ptach.

bossgasefox

idont think ihave the fast loading patch,ijust installed the game normally after downloading it,ididnt have the time to install fast loading patch iguess.

btw:ihave norton security center but idont think it effects this proplem,idont know ijust wanted to notify.

CaVity

idont think ihave the fast loading patch,ijust installed the game normally after downloading it,ididnt have the time to install fast loading patch iguess.
    btw:ihave norton security center but idont think it effects this proplem,idont know ijust wanted to notify.[/b]
    Sounds like a corrupted installer....download the client again.

My Options.ini file looks like this:

[Texture]
    LOD_Chr=1
    LOD_Shape=1
    LOD_Terrain=1
    [Shadow]
    Use=1
    [ViewPort]
    Width=1024
    Height=768
    ColorDepth=16
    Distance=512
    [Sound]
    Distance=48
    Bgm=0
    Effect=0
    Duplicate=0
    Talk=0
    [Effect]
    Count=2000
    PartLoadCount=10
    [Cursor]
    WindowCursor=1
    [Screen]
    WindowMode=0
    [WeaponEffect]
    EffectVisible=1
    [Movie]
    MovieVisible=1
    [PetOption]
    PetBalloon=1
    PetCountLoot=1
    PetLootMoney=1000
    PetAlpha=80
    [BufferLine]
    BuffLine=0

Does your Option.ini file have more stuff? If it has it means you have fastloading patch on, if not then its not on.

bossgasefox

na my option.ini has the same stuff,ialso cant play on full screen mode,the game closes automatically when ido so,itried the same client on my pc and it worked normally,so no it isnt acorrupted installer,and if it is how does the game even work shouldnt xtrap close it or something for missing files?

CaVity

na my option.ini has the same stuff,ialso cant play on full screen mode,the game closes automatically when ido so,itried the same client on my pc and it worked normally,so no it isnt acorrupted installer,and if it is how does the game even work shouldnt xtrap close it or something for missing files?[/b]
    Disable the Threading feature in the Videocard Control Panel.

You might want to get your motherboard changed by your vendor....

bossgasefox

lol but itold u,it works normally on everything else,iplay medal of honor:airborne,&nfsro street,and both need apretty good graphic card :P

CaVity

lol but itold u,it works normally on everything else,iplay medal of honor:airborne,&nfsro street,and both need apretty good graphic card :P[/b]
    So....? I thought you wanted to play Knight Online not medal of honor.

bossgasefox

what iam saying is the graphic card can run alot more advanced games than knight online so it cant be the proplem,btw my pc works with windows xp,while my laptop works with windows vista this might be the proplem,iam reinstalling the game right now&iwill tell u when iam done.

CaVity

what iam saying is the graphic card can run alot more advanced games than knight online so it cant be the proplem,btw my pc works with windows xp,while my laptop works with windows vista this might be the proplem,iam reinstalling the game right now&iwill tell u when iam done.[/b]
    Well, it can, let me know when your done...

sexyrexy

normally white means your drivers are outdated

semsa

stop playing on laptop

normally white means your drivers are outdated[/b]

that used to happen on my ol school computer and i had to find a graphic driver that KO liked
    and it worked fine