List processors from best to worst for me...

This is a discussion on List processors from best to worst for me... within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Here are my choices, i need to know what these are best to worst if you could, heard the i5 ...
Page: 1

Default List processors from best to worst for me...

Here are my choices, i need to know what these are best to worst if you could, heard the i5 is the best but not sure?

Intel Core i5 processor, Intel Core 2 Duo processor, AMD Phenom II processor, Intel Pentium processor

this depends on many things, on which way it's the best? For example if you want multitasking or just a good 1 for a game alsoo depends on the game if it allows 2 cores or more which atm aren't that many games imo. alsoo depends on what version of intel i5 cause you have to look at the ghz of the core(s). and alsoo a good processor wont get you far if the other things in your pc isn't good.
    and the intel i7 extreme is best processer on the market atm i think haven't checked in a while though, but it's expensive at alienware you pay like 1k$+ just for the processor.

kind regards

i7 is best look at the 2600k and 2500k

Google

sandy bridge is a bit picky due to it being to picky on Mobo's and stuff. For gaming just get the i7 920 if your going to OC if not get a i7 950 , im using that atm, run everything smooth

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    sandy bridge is a bit picky due to it being to picky on Mobo's and stuff. For gaming just get the i7 920 if your going to OC if not get a i7 950 , im using that atm, run everything smooth
    correct, IF your going to do low level gaming like KO you might as well stick with an I5, but if your going into more graphic wise games like BC2/Black ops Go with the ii 920 and OC it along with a nice cheap GTX 460 which only cost around $100

sandy bridge is picky because its brand new and offers the best peformance there is. But really there is no since of building a i7 920 at all. Socket 2011 is coming out later this year so either wait for that or get the 2600k which can be oced to 4.5ghz+. Sandy bridge cpus will be compatible with the new sockets later in the year but the i7's wont. so really pick your poison as of right now.

what games are you going to be playing and what will be your GC?

What types of games are you playing,

Different processors act differently with different games.

I was going to try Rift

JrAluc4rt

you gone need beter then i5 for Rift ..

ps: Have at lest 4gb ram , and min 500mb grafic... ( 1gb ddr3/5) are nice...

I have a 4GB ram and my graphics is 1GB :P

an i5 quadcore would be fine for rift and better than what most have.....

The number of cores do not matter that much.
    Games don't even support multi-cpu all that well. But it does help your system overall.

Since you already have a 1gb gpu(well doesn't say that much since it depends a gpu isn't memory alone). And 4gb ram(again if it's only 800mhz memory then lol).

If you're on a tight budget just go with an i3 or i5 duo core with high CPU clock. Save the rest of the money to buy a SSD and your system will be much much much much faster. Buying an SSD is the best thing you can do to upgrade a PC. Hard drive is the bottleneck of every PC.

I have a quad core intel proccessor and upgraded my video card to ATI Radeon 5770 4 gigs of ram and it handles everything i throw at it very well no lag. How trueloves said it depends on the over all set up. I primarily use my comp for running, KO, Youtube or a movie, music, Vent, MSN at the same time.