KO and laptop help

This is a discussion on KO and laptop help within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; hi, well ive been playing KO on a laptop and i get these constant little lags that seem like glitches ...
Page: 1

mezcalaman

hi, well ive been playing KO on a laptop and i get these constant little lags that seem like glitches then every now and then it gets into harder lags and it gets annoying. when i look at task manager to see how much cpu usage KO is using it says around 45-60. but on my cousins laptop it says his is using anywhere from 90-100% of cpu usage and his game has no lag at all.

so i was wondering if there is a way to make my laptop devote more to KO so i wont have these lags?

thanks in advance fopr the help.

hej

You probably have a core2 or X2 cpu, so when it use 50% it uses 100% of "one" cpu and no, KO dont suport to use both.

sexa

im also playing on laptop. cpu is amd dual core. if u also have amd turion(or someting else with dual core) u should install dual core optimizer from amd's site.

ps : i dont have any lag issue

hobbes

i had lag too at the beginning, but then i saw my laptop was on battery saving, i simply set the powersuply on entertainment and the lag was over

ShinKicker

i had lag too at the beginning, but then i saw my laptop was on battery saving, i simply set the powersuply on entertainment and the lag was over[/b]
    how do u change tat?

mezcalaman

im also playing on laptop. cpu is amd dual core. if u also have amd turion(or someting else with dual core) u should install dual core optimizer from amd's site.

ps : i dont have any lag issue[/b]
    ok i have a amd turion64 X2 , so i should download that dual core optimizer and the lag should be gone?

is it vista?

mezcalaman

i use Windows XP Media center edition.

i installed the dual core optimizer from amd&#39;s website and i noticed the lag got less but i still get it every now and thenjust not as hard of a lag as before and i wiould like to know how to completely remove it >.<. when i first began playing ko on this laptop it ran smoothly so i dunno help me please

Yurtrus

To remove all Ko lag is simple Uninstall Ko.

^^

Currently using my lappy. AMD Turion 64 TL-60 2ghz

Always when playing Ko or anyother visual/Dvd online videos set ur power option to Always on.

Just remember it shortens the battery life alot.

mezcalaman

To remove all Ko lag is simple Uninstall Ko.

^^

Currently using my lappy. AMD Turion 64 TL-60 2ghz

Always when playing Ko or anyother visual/Dvd online videos set ur power option to Always on.

Just remember it shortens the battery life alot.[/b]
    well everytime i play anytype of game/ plan to use laptop for a long time i always use it on ac power. so would i have to change those options and also how do i do that? ^^

ty.