Problem with KO and dual core processor

This is a discussion on Problem with KO and dual core processor within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; This is what the processor usage looks like when I run F.E.A.R... ..and this is what it looks like when ...
Page: 1

This is what the processor usage looks like when I run F.E.A.R...

..and this is what it looks like when KO is running.

The work is not divided properly between the two cores, and as a result KO lags...

It's an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ processor.

sexa

you should downlaod and install dual core optimitzer. that should help you.

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer - The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core processor systems, by periodically adjusting the core time-stamp-counters, so that they are synchronized.[/b]
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/..._13118,00.html

Thanks, but after installing the optimizer, the division is still incredibly uneven.. :S

sexa

maybe u need to see bios and make some changes most mainboards which supports multi core cpu's has some settings. but dont go there if you really know what you are doing because some wrong settings might cause hardware damage to your pc. try to find documents on producer's web site.

lime

the gam is not dula core optimised, it was nvr supposed to run on dual core. dont worry bout it, i get same results but it doesnt affect my game. anything your experiencing is nothing to do with the 2nd core not being properly utilised.

Banned

Set your processor affinity so its only using 1 core

Banned

upgrade to quad core. Get more ram. Its what 400 dollars? Cheap.

So to sum up I need to wait for crappy Mgame to make KO supporting dual core, and we're now already in in 3rd quarter of 2007. Grreat.

cerebus

No, to sum it up that processor is enough even when only utilizing one core. Your bottleneck must be elsewhere.

Why on Earth would KO require a better processor than F.E.A.R., or generally any modern game? 2.6 ghz is not enough for KO since it leaves the CPU usage at 100% most of the time.