Problem with possible internet speed, need help

This is a discussion on Problem with possible internet speed, need help within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So here's what I'm dealing with. I live far out in the woods and the only possible way to get ...
Page: 1

K.S. King Senior Member Avariofvalequenta's Avatar

Default Problem with possible internet speed, need help

So here's what I'm dealing with. I live far out in the woods and the only possible way to get any kind of high-speed internet is by satellite. I installed the satellite and am running the internet at 1mpbs through a company called Hughes Net. My gf is wireless on her laptop and its running smoothly, where as I am hard-lined using a direct connection to the router with an Ethernet cable. When I try to run KO, I am experiencing 5 second delay in game and even sometimes shuts my internet off completely when ran. I can tell immediately that something isn't handling the game correctly and I'm wondering if its because of the internet speed? The technician I spoke with told me that 1mpbs would handle a large mmo with no problem at all, so any suggestions would be very helpful thank you.

Here are my specs also:
    Windows 7 Gamer 2010
    Processor: AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core processor 2.20 GHz
    RAM: 3.00 GB
    System Type: 64 bit OS

Banned

Did u always play when ur gf was playing at the same time? if not u should try to turn off labtop and check the difference.. if there is no difference then it could be ur computer having some program running in background taking priority connection.

Is there a way u can test wireless on ur pc like ur gf does? That would also be a good test to check where the problem is. Direct cable connection is usualy faster / better then wireless but we never know there could be technical issues.

K.S. King Senior Member Avariofvalequenta's Avatar

I disabled my wireless completely, and even pulled out the wireless card I had installed on my mother board to make sure it was only reading the direct ethernet connection only. We had the satellite installed yesterday so we had no internet at all before. I'll try disabling her connection to see if there is any improvement.

Banned

u do that, let me know