i got shitty pc

This is a discussion on i got shitty pc within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Intel Celeron 1.7 GHZ , 512 DDR , GeForce 4 MX 440 , 40GB 7200 Rpm i think thats all ...
Page: 1

Asambler

Intel Celeron 1.7 GHZ , 512 DDR , GeForce 4 MX 440 , 40GB 7200 Rpm i think thats all
    Well i cant play KO well , cant be in crowds what usually happens in cz or moradon , cant play KO with winamp on cause then my char is runing like fucked , cant fraps - so much GG action lost :/ Sometimes i dont know what happens but my game loads like in 5 seconds and i dont have any lag but it happens once in a month no idea , well anyways my pc sux for KO not to lag and fraps ofc so tell me pls what should i have better on my pc. Im about to buy new processor Pentium 2.8 GHZ so maybe that would change anything , i already tried to run KO with 764 DDR but almost same shit ... KO doesnt require good video card so i really dont know what do i need . Dont want to buy new pc , no $$ atm but i can afford some parts inside.

WaPsZeR101

cpu = shit upgrade that and the mobo best suggestion from me ^^

Axarus

Intel Celeron 1.7 GHZ , 512 DDR , GeForce 4 MX 440 , 40GB 7200 Rpm i think thats all
    Well i cant play KO well , cant be in crowds what usually happens in cz or moradon , cant play KO with winamp on cause then my char is runing like fucked , cant fraps - so much GG action lost :/ Sometimes i dont know what happens but my game loads like in 5 seconds and i dont have any lag but it happens once in a month no idea , well anyways my pc sux for KO not to lag and fraps ofc so tell me pls what should i have better on my pc. Im about to buy new processor Pentium 2.8 GHZ so maybe that would change anything , i already tried to run KO with 764 DDR but almost same shit ... KO doesnt require good video card so i really dont know what do i need . Dont want to buy new pc , no $$ atm but i can afford some parts inside.[/b]
    I have same shity comp ;(
    I also cant fraps and I have lags when I see many humans running in CZ

jeff1991

Go buy new one

well if KO starts to "lagg" when you open WinAmp or something, its obvioulsy that u have not enough Ram memory. ( you can check it if you open KO and run task manager then, on the bottom you see, used memory xxx m. thats how many ram ur pc is using already if its using more or closly y the amount of ram you have its defenalty not good)
    a friend of mine was playin KO on a pc with 1.7ghz, 2xx ram and a 32mb graficcard he couldnt PK on it and lagged hard in moradon, since I told him to buy new RAM-Memory he can PK on it and mora is laggfree to, think he got 700 ram now or so.

so just go ahead and get a second ram stick, atleast a 200 one, if you wanna play KO at max requiments you should have atleast 1024ram, a 2.1+ procesor and a 128mb graficcard.

Asambler

ty very much , maybe ill get 256MB+ then ill have 764 , my main board cant handle more than that , but i heared that when u buy memory it should be tested first to make full effect on ur pc , cause now i got 256DDR 266Mhz and 256DDR 400 Mhz , and its runing on 266Mhz. Maybe dual 400 would be the best what i could do , so i remove 256 266 and buy 512 400 :P

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

ty very much , maybe ill get 256MB+ then ill have 764 , my main board cant handle more than that , but i heared that when u buy memory it should be tested first to make full effect on ur pc , cause now i got 256DDR 266Mhz and 256DDR 400 Mhz , and its runing on 266Mhz. Maybe dual 400 would be the best what i could do , so i remove 256 266 and buy 512 400 :P[/b]
    But the problem is your motherboard might not support memory with 400MHz, I had that same problem with my old comp. My old comp was shitty overall but I managed to get higher fps by doing this:
    Right mouseclick on your desktop -> properties -> settings -> extra settings (I dunno what's that in english version of windows).
    Then you should see direct3d and opengl settings. If you can't open your drivers control center and find your settings there. After that just lower all your settings as much as possible and then test KO with those settings. I was able to get 15 more fps by doing that but I had ATI card.
    With those settings KO should work just fine but any other game will start lagging as hell so just remember to change your settings to original as soon as you start playing any other game. :P

mike_thekiller

i suggest, buy maybe a Intel D, i have 1, but for do this u need to know about computers, well i'll give some advices, if u have the money, buy a motherboard intel with chipset 945, ddr2 533mhz, intel D o 2 duo, 2.66 or 2.8, (works very fine) and finally, i suggest a pciexpressvideo card, but no nvidia, i had problems, buy a ATI Radeon, 128mb or maybe 256, they are the best for the game, and the rest like Hard disk and everything else, u can use ur old computer, its a way to save your money, i hope i have been helpful