Internet crashes when i use my iPod

This is a discussion on Internet crashes when i use my iPod within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; K so im using a wireless router and whenver i go on the net on my Ipod Touch my internet ...
Page: 1

assasin375

Default Internet crashes when i use my iPod

K so im using a wireless router and whenver i go on the net on my Ipod Touch my internet crashes, it was working fine up until about 2 weeks ago, and there are 2 lap tops in my house that also use the same connection and it doesnt crash when they use it. and when it crashes it gives me an error saying There is and error with an IP on the system or something like that. I dont get why this is happening it seems completely random. but if anyone else has ever experienced this and/or knows how to fix it please let me know cause its getting rather annoying lol

hmm I dont know anything of ipod touch so you are connecting through your wireless at home with the ipod? or through phone comp.?

assasin375

im connecting through my wireless connection

is your iphone the only one connecting to it? I guess your router is assigning the same ip to your phone and another device

assasin375

So like my iPod is trying to connect wit the same IP as my computer and its making my computer lose its connection?

yes something like that check the apple forums im sure there are others with same issues

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Sounds like 2 devices have got a static IP set the same. I'm sure the laptops can be set to DHCP (dynamic IP assignment). The iPod probably can too.