Problem whilst playing CS 1.6

This is a discussion on Problem whilst playing CS 1.6 within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well ever since I have my laptop I got problems playing CS. Main problem is that if theres a smoke ...
Page: 1

StoneColdAngel

Well ever since I have my laptop I got problems playing CS. Main problem is that if theres a smoke granate it lags my like hell and i can't play smooth anymore. I tried so many different setting but can't fix it even if I nearly disable the smokes.

System setup is:

Intel Dual Core 1.73
    2 GB RAM
    GeForce 6800

Thats what you basically need to know ^^ Any ideas how to fix this whether its via setting in CS or at my card itself.

StoneColdAngel

Help pls ><

SUPREME OVERLORD Senior Member Olaz's Avatar

u could try using some modified drivers for ur graphic-card
    you can download these modified drivers from guru3d

evilwevel

is the quality of smokes set to : fastest-lowest quality ? (in the normal options tab)

StoneColdAngel

is the quality of smokes set to : fastest-lowest quality ? (in the normal options tab)[/b]
    Yes I also reduced everything possbiel, The grafic itself and the decals, ...

evilwevel

try typing max_shells "0" and fastsprites "2" in console. see if that works.

StoneColdAngel

Won&#39;t work ><

shankster

the problem is that, yeah sure, thats a fine dual core processor... but, cs only uses 1 of those cores, not both.

StoneColdAngel

So I won&#39;t be able to play properly?