Running KO on Vista

This is a discussion on Running KO on Vista within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I've recently downloaded and install KO with vista and i can't seem to get it to run. I've been looking ...
Page: 1

ILoveYouToo

I've recently downloaded and install KO with vista and i can't seem to get it to run. I've been looking everywhere for a solution but i can't seem to find the right one. I've already turned off my firewall, ran as administrator, ect and nothing seems to work. If anyone knows a way to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

I have vista ultimate 64 and it runs perfect. What is your problem? What is the error ?

ILoveYouToo

When i try to start ko i just get a black screen then after 5mins or so it says knight online is not responding and closes

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Reinstall the game, Update graphic card drivers, reinstall directx and completely disable UAC.

I would not reinstall the game just update your drivers and I would not recommend you to disable UAC. It comes in handy when you have a spy program trying to change your settings. Anyway during that black screen it should connect to KO. If black screen takes too long it goes to a lopp(it is called something but I forgot) Check your network settings too.

im runnning vista home premium and everythiings is fine.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

I would not reinstall the game just update your drivers and I would not recommend you to disable UAC. It comes in handy when you have a spy program trying to change your settings. Anyway during that black screen it should connect to KO. If black screen takes too long it goes to a lopp(it is called something but I forgot) Check your network settings too.[/b]
    UAC is completely useless and above all, it's the most annoying thing ever to come with an OS. Any mediocre antivir/firewall does a way better job than the Windows Defender, UAC and Firewall combined and, it's by far less annoying.

evilwevel

UAC is completely useless and above all, it's the most annoying thing ever to come with an OS. Any mediocre antivir/firewall does a way better job than the Windows Defender, UAC and Firewall combined and, it's by far less annoying.[/b]
    are you sure this is your opinion?
    [yes] / [no]

really ?
    [yes] / [no]

for sure ?
    [yes] / [no]

super duper really sure ?
    [yes] / [no]

couldn't find opinion.dll

windows is searching for a solution for your problem

[---[||]-------------]
    [-------[||]---------]
    [-----------[||]-----]
    [---------------[||]-]
    [||]----------------[]
    [---[||]-------------]

windows couldn't find a solution.

continue ?
    [yes] / [no]

sure ?
    [yes] / [no]

gotta love UAC :lol: stupid thing is that those desktop widgets don't show in windows 7 when you have them disabled.

wynne

I've got the same prob with my windows xp. It's an old pc, that's for sure, but I've played KO on way worse pc's and this one just doesn't seem to get ko running.

I'll try to update drivers.

Does anyone else have suggestions?

How do I turn off Windows defender and UAC?
    Windows defender don't seem to have any off button and UAC I don't even know what it is.

control panel - security - security center - turn off user account control
    windows defender doesn't have any effect on how KO runs. didnt have on my laptop.

control panel - security - security center - turn off user account control[/b]
    Is there an off button there? Cause I can't find it

ILoveYouToo

Is there an off button there? Cause I can't find it [/b]
    control panel - user accounts - turn off user account control

reinstalled, turned off UAC, updated drivers, reinstall directx, still getting the same problem =l

Banned

UAC is completely useless and above all, it's the most annoying thing ever to come with an OS. Any mediocre antivir/firewall does a way better job than the Windows Defender, UAC and Firewall combined and, it's by far less annoying.[/b]

+1

fuck, I hate UAC.