Problems with internet / network

This is a discussion on Problems with internet / network within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi, guys I'm having some problems on my laptop. I bought this laptop like 7 months ago, but since i ...
Page: 1

Geo

Hi, guys
    I'm having some problems on my laptop. I bought this laptop like 7 months ago, but since i bought it, i was able to connect to our home network, but I couldn't get on the internet.
    It says this whenever i connect to it: Access: local
    But when i connect to an unprotected network from the neigbours or something... it says: Access: local and internet

so here is the point... i can't get on the internet :s

i've searched on other forums for any resolutions but no1 seems to have one. Plus.... i dont know that much about hardware and stuff

Hope any dutch guys out here are familiar with this problem... (in case u havent noticed.. im from holland)
    But if there are ppl from other countries with the same problem... let me know Then i know it's not just in my country

EDIT:
    forgot to mention that this is just a wireless problem... cause when i plug in this cable in my router and in my laptop.... the internet is fine

Necravolver

see your pm plz

evilwevel

is the router configured like it should ?

Geo

i think so....
    our router was configured some years ago... we have 3 normal computers on our network and never had any problems with the internet...
    and me and my parents dont know anything bout hardware or configuring routers and stuff... we had a family member who knew something about it and who configured our router and network, but he died 2 years ago

evilwevel

have you tried resetting the router (unplug it for like 30 seconds) ?

Geo

yep... didnt work

Maybe when you plug in your laptop by wirless there is IP adress conflict with other PC in network. Wirless always give some problems to solve ....

Geo

no1 familiar with this?

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Where are you seeing this message for "Access: Local (and Internet)" ?

It sounds like the router isn't configured to give the internet over the wireless... try getting a friend to bring a laptop over and see if they can access the internet over wireless.

Has the internet worked over wireless on that same router before?

Geo

Same problem with my friends laptop...
    and internet worked fine over wireless with normal computers... on laptops it doesnt work