low fps when playing KO

This is a discussion on low fps when playing KO within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; well as topic mentioned , i recently bought new ati radeon hd 4670 for my desktop and to my surprise ...
Page: 1

yamato

well as topic mentioned , i recently bought new ati radeon hd 4670 for my desktop and to my surprise whenever im in place with some otehr players around my fps drops like hell ..... it may go as low as 10 fps which will cause lags

im currently using the latest driver ccc8.11

hope anyone with experience on ati radeon can help me out as i dont think KO require high end gpu to play .... plus its like 4-5 years old game ... if old gpu can play i dont think my new mid eng gpu cant handle it well ....

thank for helping in advance ..

Instal ati tray tool ..

radon is a graphic cards maked for gamers .. but ati do not maked drivers for games ... we must wait for best drivers for gaming .. but at this moment download att and chose Profil direct 3d for max speed

evilwevel

the other parts in your computer up to date as well ? especially motherboard and cpu ?

because lag and fps drop isn't always the video card's fault.

and if you're using a program to overclock certain things (cpu, fsb, ...) check that as well, cause i've had model lag in css (high fps, yet everything lagged) because of the wrong voltages on my gfx card.

yamato

the other parts in your computer up to date as well ? especially motherboard and cpu ?

because lag and fps drop isn't always the video card's fault.

and if you're using a program to overclock certain things (cpu, fsb, ...) check that as well, cause i've had model lag in css (high fps, yet everything lagged) because of the wrong voltages on my gfx card.[/b]

update cpu ? u mean processor ? well i dunno how to update its driver or whatever it is lol but for motherboard and graphic card driver its up to date and i didnt overclock it ... i just never bother about OC ... its just strange ... >.< .... waste money for nothing !! T_T

Instal ati tray tool ..

radon is a graphic cards maked for gamers .. but ati do not maked drivers for games ... we must wait for best drivers for gaming .. but at this moment download att and chose Profil direct 3d for max speed[/b]
    i tried that aswell ... didnt work T_T

evilwevel

update cpu ? u mean processor ? well i dunno how to update its driver or whatever it is lol but for motherboard and graphic card driver its up to date and i didnt overclock it ... i just never bother about OC ... its just strange ... >.< .... waste money for nothing !! T_T[/b]
    yeah, cpu is processor. it has the same drivers as your motherboard (chipset drivers) but what i meant is if they&#39;re new as well. if you put a good video card in a computer that has a bad cpu or motherboard it&#39;s a waste of money, because if the cpu can&#39;t keep up you get lag as well.

and to be honest i think it might be causing this because your computer might be to good (sounds weird eh ?) but i&#39;ve experienced lots of fps drops and random 5 mins disconnections on my gaming desktop, but when i installed KO on my laptop for scholl (allmost 3 years old, piece of crap actually) everything ran smooth.

change ccc 8.11 for older version .. ver now is only beta.

mjollner

what are your computers other specs? this is what evilwevel is asking and its the first thing i thought of as well
    how much ram do you have? what speed is your cpu? and if ccc8.11 is in beta, roll back to the last stable release

Augustus

not trying to hijack but... im currently running ko on a laptop with nvidia 7150go and when im completely alone i get 50fps but in wars i get as low as 5; on laptop&#39;s you can&#39;t upgrade shit except memory and hdd and im perfectly satisfied with that. time for new computer?

mjollner

pretty much :P

is there a way to turn on so i can see my fps at all times? cuz i gotta open this program to see it. any like a box ingame that tells me?

evilwevel

is there a way to turn on so i can see my fps at all times? cuz i gotta open this program to see it. any like a box ingame that tells me?[/b]
    doesn&#39;t fraps do that ?

i only care about fps in counter strike source, and it has a built-in net graph with fps and loss.

mjollner

yeah, fraps does that

Augustus

well if u click on max > options/settings the game options gives you a fps counter

mjollner

yeah, but who wants to ru around with options open, yuck!