Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Question about this laptop

This is a discussion on Question about this laptop within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; don't expect great performance unless if you gonna buy alienware, it'll run fine for knight online but i don't think ...
Page: 2

don't expect great performance unless if you gonna buy alienware, it'll run fine for knight online but i don't think you'll have good fps

b1rdy

don't expect great performance unless if you gonna buy alienware, it'll run fine for knight online but i don't think you'll have good fps[/b]
    +1

Where the time goes fast, but everything is slow

buy alienware laptop =)

PaPaSmurF

I can tell you I spent around $1200~ for my PC. I have 2.6 dual core, 550W dual rail ps, 3gigs of ddr2 ram, and a nvidia 8600 GTS and I have np running any game out at the moment (I play CoD4 and Age of Conan). I get around on average around 70 fps in ko and upto 150 in some places. It drops to around 20~40 at war gates, which isnt too bad comparably speaking, I know people who get under 10 lol. In other words, FPS is never a problem with my computer and KO. I load in under 20 seconds with the first load into KO. Second load is under 5 seconds, and I don't see a loading screen for inside arena I just appear in there lol. I've also made a few pk videos, and used fraps, you can watch them and see my fps.

I might have spent a bit much but it was a smooth process of putting it together so far. When buying a computer, its tough to judge a price because you could get a faulty computer that will give you 4x the trouble of a more expensive one or vice versa. Just my personal experience. But you can help your odds with a good warranty and comparing prices vs. computer stats.

That laptop will run KO fine, with a decent connection. I wouldn't suggest an Acer quite honestly, or a laptop for that matter, just because I had to troubleshoot them so often. I think if I were in your shoes, I would consider making your own computer. You could come out with more money in the end.

Ps. I don't think asking in this forum is the best idea for this particular question. Moemoney is quite ignorant, and and a good example of what I mean. Posting a general description like "it sucks" or whatever is a waste of time. Also moe, if you took the time to read what the guy posted you would know that this laptop comes with a nvidia 9x series, which is a latest series produced by nvidia. This should be enough to tell you that its a decent card.

i have a dell xps m1710 and i run everything perfect on it.. with 7900gs gfx 2 gig of ram.. so whoever says laptops suck for gaming.. i definetly disagree.. i play COD4 on max settings and it runs at 150 fps constant.. sure its not as good as some desktops, butt hte laptop is over a year old.

VerHom

yes it does

They provided irrelevant information. The most expensive part of a computer is the graphic card and it is not listed there. You can upgrade your processor speed, ram, harddrive, dvd drive for less than 300 dollars.

What they do when they know it is a horrible graphic card is is they provide a vague discription of the graphic card in the summary. Read the summary and we know it is a NVIDIA Geforce graphic card, however which one? The rule of thumb is if it is not listed, it is terrible.[/b]

Graphics Processor Vendor NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS
    Installed Size 512 MB
    Max Allocated RAM Size 768 MB
    Memory Allocation Technology TurboCache supporting 1280MB

Listed under specs

StoneColdAngel

Thats actually a really nice laptop though I wouldn't buy it for this price. Thats just not worth it. There are a lot cheaper ones. They are not that good but good enough to run most games. and imo laptop arenÄt to play games but to work ^^

Ainelover

i dont get it why u wanna buy an overpriced and to good comp for a shitty game like knight that needs 512mb/ram to run with descent fps i would understand if u played games that actually need those features to be played but ko.. cmon gimme a brake, u cant play ko with 50fps ?>.<

wawh

i dont get it why u wanna buy an overpriced and to good comp for a shitty game like knight that needs 512mb/ram to run with descent fps i would understand if u played games that actually need those features to be played but ko.. cmon gimme a brake, u cant play ko with 50fps ?>.<[/b]
    or if you want 50fps while recording...

also, its not that expensive when you think its an investment, you wont buy a new one till this is broken or just not good enough to see websites and play 90% of the games (which wont happen any time soon the next 5-6 years)

sexyrexy

my laptop is a t8300 (2.4ghz) core 2 duo
    2 gig of ram
    and a quadro fx 570m and highest frames i hit in ko was 176

fuck laptop
    get normal pc
    i got a
    2.2ghz dual core
    4gb ram
    nvidia geforce 8800
    case etc with good power supply
    for like 800$ as i bought them seperate and put to together. much cheaper, and in ko i get like 70 fps-100fps everywhere cept for wargate/mora n like 40 fps with fraps

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

I cant recommend you that laptop at all. Acer is the WORST company to make laptops as far as I know. If decide to buy it, get ready to maintain good relationship with your service technicians. You will need it more then babies needs mothers milk
    Why do you think its, stuffed with such a gear and it goes for so low price ? Its only coz its sux as a walking piece of holy sh1t.

I cant recommend you that laptop at all. Acer is the WORST company to make laptops as far as I know. If decide to buy it, get ready to maintain good relationship with your service technicians. You will need it more then babies needs mothers milk
    Why do you think its, stuffed with such a gear and it goes for so low price ? Its only coz its sux as a walking piece of holy sh1t.[/b]
    what you said about Acer is true, imo Acer good for internet browsing only

Canadian eh? (no pun intended)

If you&#39;re within the GTA swing by my store, The source by CC in Whitby

i&#39;ll sell you a good 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12