Question on OS

This is a discussion on Question on OS within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well I'm building my own comp... I always used...student pack OS and they included everything i.e. even Office in it. ...
Page: 1

Lightbulb

Well I'm building my own comp...

I always used...student pack OS and they included everything i.e. even Office in it.

Was wondering if Windows Vista Home Premium (non-Retail) will include Office 2007 too in the pack!

I'm guessing no...i just wanna be 100% sure

no, vista doesn't include office 2007. but u can always *torrent* it... its just an office...

Thanks rock...do you think its a good thing to *torrent* the OS too? I dnt wanna end up with half the updates or no updates at all :/

Someone once said: The only original product u should have is the OS. U could run into some problems with a downloaded one, but also if u have above average knowledge about this, u can do just fine and get it to work as original.
    So I'd say it depends on ur level of knowledge about these kind of things. (I only use original Vista cause it came with my laptop, if it wouldn't have come, I would have downloaded one)

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

yeah, why give credit to people who make the product when you can just get it illegally. :S

Question

yeah, why give credit to people who make the product when you can just get it illegally. :S[/b]
    You know why...coz it doesnt reflect the cost! Not to mention the many problems that Vista gives coz of compatibility issues.

The Student Pack i bought included XP Pro OS, Office and .net something xD

AND the price was way cheaper that buying the OS alone without the student privilage!

I'll make it simplier to comprehend with numbers.

Student Pack (which included the above): Lm10
    XP Pro: Lm55

(Lm = Maltese Lira)

Yeah I'll Probably buy an original OS, worth the expense,....Thanks Again

evilwevel

most of the new releases of windows come with a 60 day trial of office 2007.

and if you're still a student you can get office and windows for allmost next to nothing (and legal as well).

idefix

Open Office > all.

Nothing beats Microsoft Office 2003 :P