Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

READ HERE IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH FIREDRAKE!!!

This is a discussion on READ HERE IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH FIREDRAKE!!! within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; If you have problems running FireDrake on your computer this is the thing you need! Now, Lets start step by ...
Page: 1

LordAaron

Default READ HERE IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH FIREDRAKE!!!

If you have problems running FireDrake on your computer this is the thing you need!

Now, Lets start step by step.
    Let's say we have OLD KOL fully upgraded and working (till yesterday)

How to install the new expansion:

1st. It is important to correct some registry entryes in windows registry. This will help the new patch to know what to update.
    If you installed KOL on different partItition or directory [not the default one] this is the only way to run the patch!

1. Run some text editor. [ notepad is perfect ]
    write this in blank new document

start copy from here ---->
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREKnightOnLine]
    "CompanyName"="Copyright 2002 NoahSystem And MGame"
    "VERSION"=dword:000004f0
    "PATH"="D:\Program Files\KnightOnline"
    "EXE"="KnightOnLine.exe"
    "SERVICE"="Knight OnLine"
    <--- copy till here

and paste it in to your new notepad document.

Now, open your windows explorer and find where did you instaled the KOL.
    You have to find the full and exactly path of the KOL dir

Here is an example 1
    D:GamesKnightOnline

Here is an example 2
    C:Program FilesKnightOnline

Now you have to change the path in this already created new document [with notepad] to your game path
    Do not remove the double slashes!!!

If it is something like example 1 so you have to write in document this line >>>
    "PATH"="D:\Games\KnightOnline"

If it is something like example 2 so you have to wirte in document this line >>>
    "PATH"="D:\Program Files\KnightOnline"

Now save this document as v1264.reg
    !!! name can be everything you want but it have to be with extension .REG !!!

The best place to save this file is in your game dir.
    After you created this new file, go to the place you saved it and right-click it!

Choose MERGE and confirm!

Now you have a right registry entry for your KOL game and you can proceed.

2. It is important you to have some download menager, such as getright or flashget[ www.getright.com www.flashget.com ], because the new update patch isn't a small file and there is like 80% chance after download without any of this programs, file to be corrupted!

Here is an URL from where you can get the new patch:

http://drake.knightonlineworld.com/upgrade...e/AutoPatch.exe

3. It is nessessary for you to have the "whole" file. If it is corrupted durring the download, probably you have to download it one or two more times [ i download it 6 times till i get non damaged archive zzzzz, even with download menager programs]
    When you have the working patch in your PC you may start the patching. Everything wil be fine if you did the steps i wrote up.

4. Because the new antihacker program called Xtrap experiencing some technical problems right now, and it fails to download the new security updates, here is what you can do about this:

go to : ftp://download.knightonlineworld.com/xtrap/

and download the whole directory called: A5001139
    this is the last security update for the Xtrap.
    Again!!!! it is important to use some download menager so you can have undamaged files.

Go into your game directory and delete the whole "Xtrap" DIR!

Copy this dir "A5001139" to your game directory and rename it to "Xtrap"

Youre done!

After you run the game from the Launcher, you will be forced to download the new update they did last night, and when you download it and restart the launcher,
    you have to own a fully pached and working FireDrake expansion.

Good luck!
    Lord

grzequ

what about ' I dont see text'?
    I can't see text :|

LordAaron

Maby i can help you about this after i can log in the game, right now it says login server down is it true or it is down only for me?:P

xm241

i can't downlaod that patch it just times out... do u have another link or where i could get it..

LordAaron

I don't reccomend you to use other download links but the one K2 gave. I already saw a "patched" patch with some good keylogger in it. Btw, it times out because you use normal download. Get some download menager and try with it, it has a cute retry settings, and soon you will have a chance to download it. :lol:

grzequ

Some1 told me to go Control panel -> Languages and install Koreans Language,he say it will help me maybe..
    Can't check it now :

LordAaron

AutoPatch asks in the beginning what language to use when installing the expansion, did you checked english or chineese?

FrEaK

when i isntall the autopatch tells me after choosing the language "Knight online is not installed on your computer please download and install the full game client" wtf i got ko installed any idead on what to do?

grzequ

English,Its doesnt matter.
    Read the thread i opened,i put a pic there.

btw for all u ppl who it says you dont have the game client installed but u do make sure your program file says Knight Online (with a space not KnightOnline) so its C:/ProgramFiles/Knight Online thats what happened to me

LordAaron

So you solved the problem right?

LordAaron

Originally posted by FrEaK
    when i isntall the autopatch tells me after choosing the language "Knight online is not installed on your computer please download and install the full game client" wtf i got ko installed any idead on what to do?
    Yes this is happening because there is wrong registry entryes. check out what i wrote, do it and you will be able to install the patch

hallon_ice

hey are the servers down right now or something because i cant log on :angry:

LordAaron

Originally posted by hallon_ice
    hey are the servers down right now or something because i cant log on :angry:
    Here you can find your answer:

http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/viewtop...pic.php?t=58520

hallon_ice

ok ty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast