Pc problem

This is a discussion on Pc problem within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Yo guys i keep getting this crap pop up saying im a victim of software counterfeiting..so i dunno this sh1t ...
Page: 1

johnnysu2006

Yo guys i keep getting this crap pop up saying im a victim of software counterfeiting..so i dunno this sh1t lol,can someone help me solve this.

Thanks

Banned

Yo guys i keep getting this crap pop up saying im a victim of software counterfeiting..so i dunno this sh1t lol,can someone help me solve this.

Thanks[/b]
    Download and install Hijackthis v 1.991

Scan and go to the 020 and check the box next to WGALogon. Then hit Fix.

After that install malwarebytes and do a system scan, and remove anything it finds.

Malwarebytes

johnnysu2006

i did everything u said,but the pop up is still dere:S

PFC Senior Member

Thanks[/b]
    u get that msg pop up when start ur windows ?, and before u enter ur desktop there is a count down ?
    guess ur pc have downloaded some Automatic Updates from windows wich need a original software ,
    which mean u have to buy a original software or simply reinstall ur windows and turn off ur Automatic Updates.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

i did everything u said,but the pop up is still dere:S[/b]
    post the hijackthis log.

johnnysu2006

post the hijackthis log.[/b]
    okay i will but right now im in work,so when im back home ill post it

Banned

Did you install windows updates again, cuz if you did you're gonna get it again. It's actually a windows update that causes that from what i remember.

One thing to keep in mind is, if you are using a pirated version of windows, then you are fucked.

If you purchased your copy of Windows legally, there really is only this to do:

1. Call the manufacturer of your computer and ask them to help you check if you have an illegal version of Windows.

2. Download and run this to find out if you have an illegal version of Windows (Easiest)

Please download this from Microsoft and run it on your computer
    Filename = WGADiag2.exe
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012
    If the results are anything other than Genuine the answer is Illegal version
    Press "Copy to clipboard" and then you can paste to Wordpad and post to this thread
    Microsoft did introduce a program where they would replace a pirated copy of XP if it was unknowingly acquired and you will find the details of that offer at this link. I think the best thing for the member to do is to contact Microsoft and they may be able to help the member out.

If the version is illegal then you have two options

1. Contact Microsoft and talk with them and you might have to pay for a new version of Windows

2. Go to your local computer store and purchase a new version of Windows and do a repair-install and use your new key code

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install = http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

I think these are your only options and if you want to or do not understand then I would call a local technician and have this tech look at your computer. Cost about $70.00 per/hour rates vary.

Or, the other option is download a full cracked version of windows and install it, but back up your data first.

Thanks[/b]
    Format, reinstall, DONT ever try to use windows update :P

johnnysu2006

The pop up says *This Copy Of windows Did not pass genuine windows vadilation..

Atm im trying to fix this crap

Banned

The pop up says *This Copy Of windows Did not pass genuine windows vadilation..

Atm im trying to fix this crap[/b]

yah, read what i wrote. I explained the cause of that.

johnnysu2006

yah, read what i wrote. I explained the cause of that.[/b]
    this is dumb but how do i install windows again? and where

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

this is dumb but how do i install windows again? and where[/b]
    Throw in your windows CD, reboot and it'll ask you to hit any button to boot from CD/DVD

Either way as mentioned before, post the HiJackThis log in here.