knightonline.exe -> virus

This is a discussion on knightonline.exe -> virus within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I am using Avast Pro. After I started KO Avast found Rootkit in KnightOnline.exe file. I have never use any ...
Page: 1

brood

I am using Avast Pro. After I started KO Avast found Rootkit in KnightOnline.exe file. I have never use any kind of cheats or koxp. This made me scared. Have any1 same problem?

evilwevel

where did you download it from ?

yes make sure its directly off the site. dont like google it and download some random one.and download.com is safe donwload also, athought i think that is where ko site download brings you too.

brood

I downloaded KO from official site and have installed it for 2-3 months. Till now was all OK but after Avast update this happend me.

Thicklord

Happened to me when Rofd came out around there, and also when Moradon: TheResurrection came out.
    I ignored it and all went fine. :P

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

I downloaded KO from official site and have installed it for 2-3 months. Till now was all OK but after Avast update this happend me.[/b]
    It's probably one of those "False Positives" so just ignore it, since you said you downloaded the client from Offical Website.

GamesDaily installed a keylogger with KO when I downloaded it, I sent a message to gamesdaily to look at it. Best place to download is Pando, fairly fast, its linked from the official webstie

evilwevel

if it's from one of the official links you'll be fine. my avg gives warnings when i open everest etc. or heidisql, it's just because they somethimes are abit too sensitive.