Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

router problems

This is a discussion on router problems within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I recently bought a new router because my old one decided to die on me. This new one seems to ...
Page: 1

Former-Flonne

I recently bought a new router because my old one decided to die on me. This new one seems to run a little smoother and less lag but at a big drawback. It disconnects me in 5 mins and the longest it ever lasted before disconnecting was 10 mins. When playing the game I just get randomly dc'd without anylag or warning. I tried restarting my router several times and reinstalling it but nothing seems to work. Anyone wanna lend some insight on this or do i need to return this and get a new one?

many ppl are having the dc problem.. so weird

you have vista?

iKon

i dont think its ur router dc u, i have same problems but this few days i dont dc so much like before, i think thats K2 tech that failed....

Former-Flonne

This computer doesn't have vista but my laptop does and they both constantly dc. My old router use to last over 8 hours or more before it got disconnected until it got fried. :P

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

Put password on it Or make Password harder

It fixed mine

kamikadzeee

i had same shit for like 1 week and later it gone duno why ;s

MiniDaz

it might be bcz ur router has put a timer on its self to dc n restart its self my old one did that so you might have to look at that

Banned

Mm , I think its not router Pc/ Internet problem :P

Former-Flonne

it might be bcz ur router has put a timer on its self to dc n restart its self my old one did that so you might have to look at that[/b]
    Where do i go to check and fix this?

MiniDaz

its in ur router settings i think last time i had this problem it was over a year ago

might just be the wire or an interference in your phone line, I've had a problem where if someone makes a phone call my internet will disconnect when it first rings and I've also had the problem of a bad wire with a break in it and broken clip so it keeps wiggling in the plug. to fix the phone problem I just played around with the way my phone and net wires were hooked up together before going outside don't remember exactly what it was =/.

Would be nice if u wrote down what router u bought.. D-Link, Linksys, Cisco or...? Not that it would help in this case, but at least it would make us able to tell u how to config it.
    On topic.. Just today I had these "DC with 5~10 mins intervals", and my only solution was switch to my second internet, which is a different ISP. A couple hours later I switched back, and the DCs are gone. I had dealt with this issue long time ago, but never found any useful solution as it seems always to be an ISP issue.
    U can try this, tracking down which server is causing this by this method (wrote by Devile): http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16835

PS: are u using wireless by any chance?

Shimmy

Ummmmm Some Routers Have "Dial On Demand Setting" ?

ive never used this setting on any of my routers but perhaps you should check that
    this settting isn't on.

Former-Flonne

Would be nice if u wrote down what router u bought.. D-Link, Linksys, Cisco or...? Not that it would help in this case, but at least it would make us able to tell u how to config it.
    On topic.. Just today I had these "DC with 5~10 mins intervals", and my only solution was switch to my second internet, which is a different ISP. A couple hours later I switched back, and the DCs are gone. I had dealt with this issue long time ago, but never found any useful solution as it seems always to be an ISP issue.
    U can try this, tracking down which server is causing this by this method (wrote by Devile): http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16835

PS: are u using wireless by any chance?[/b]
    My old one was a D-Link 2.4GHz Wireless Broadband Router. The recently new one is a Wireless G+ MIMO Router from Belkin. I am unsure on how to change my ISP; infact, I dont even know what ISP is. :P

PS: I also called support from the Belkin company and it seemed to help alot. Now i can stay online for like 20-30mins before disconnecting.

Banned Senior Member

an ISP is your Internet service provider and it seems odd that your internet will disconnect every 5 mins or so with that router on the connection. Have you tried plugging your computer up to the router via an ethernet cable instead of going wireless? There are a few things that can distort a wireless signal for whatever reason, other wirelss devices, phone etc.

ISP's shouldn't have specific problems working with 3rd party hardware. The only time I've ever come across a problem like that at my job I had the customer change their router and it worked, not really sure why tho. I'd try doing a hardwired connection to the router and see if it still DC's you, if it doesnt you know theres something blocking the wireless from going through

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast