Running 2 instances of Knight Online

This is a discussion on Running 2 instances of Knight Online within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; As title says, How can one run 2 instances of Knight Online without using two pc's or VMWare?...
Page: 1

Batch

As title says, How can one run 2 instances of Knight Online without using two pc's or VMWare?

dunno if it's possible but as far as iknow xtrap only allows 1 client at a time
    correct me if im wrong

Banned Senior Member

The answer is quiet simple..no you can't.
    I've searched and searched, but it seems it is not possible without VMware or 2 computers.

Batch

Oh ok, Thanks for the reply.

ArchLink

Possible only search on google^^

evilwevel

VMware software for creating a virtual machine ?

Banned Senior Member

VMware software for creating a virtual machine ?[/b]
    Yes VMware is software for creating a virtual machine.
    No it's not an option because the question was if there was an OTHER way then 2 computers or Vmware.

Baxxor

you can if you get so you got 2 xp/vista running at the same computer, cant remember what it is called but it's a program that is like a "ghost" drive or how you say it..

You install a program wich then creates a "ghost" drive where you install your vista/xp and then ko(i think), then you can run 2 ko's at the same time
    cant rememeber what it's called tho

you can if you get so you got 2 xp/vista running at the same computer, cant remember what it is called but it's a program that is like a "ghost" drive or how you say it..

You install a program wich then creates a "ghost" drive where you install your vista/xp and then ko(i think), then you can run 2 ko's at the same time
    cant rememeber what it's called tho[/b]
    that's the programme they are talking about, VMware...

evilwevel

other then using a virtual machine i don't think it's possible.

any reason why you don't want to use a virtual machine ? because VMware isn't the only program around, so in case you have problems with that program you might want to consider microsoft virtual pc.

Batch

VMWare requires a lot of resources though, And i need to run a few instances of the game. My laptop isnt a beast.

VirtPC can't run 3d grpaphic(in the time I tried, maybe they changes something)
    Before KE there was a guy who run 2 games on 1 pc. He used some progrmams to do it. Do not remember the name of progrmams but one was doing some changes in knightonline.exe (???edit??? in the name) so when you have started KO the process name was different. Do not know what xtrap say about it now cause there were no xtrap those days. But that way you still must have good PC. I think that the best solution is to use vmware. Make a tests and see.
    BTW can anyone make some step by step of running it on vmware? I've tried one time but did not succeed. I know only that you have to enable 3d acceleration by editing some configs but what about processes?

Banned

If you manage to disable xtrap completly then you would just have to hex the knightonline.exe ..
    else you would have to run a virtual machine.

VirtPC can't run 3d grpaphic(in the time I tried, maybe they changes something)
    Before KE there was a guy who run 2 games on 1 pc. He used some progrmams to do it. Do not remember the name of progrmams but one was doing some changes in knightonline.exe (???edit??? in the name) so when you have started KO the process name was different. Do not know what xtrap say about it now cause there were no xtrap those days. But that way you still must have good PC. I think that the best solution is to use vmware. Make a tests and see.
    BTW can anyone make some step by step of running it on vmware? I've tried one time but did not succeed. I know only that you have to enable 3d acceleration by editing some configs but what about processes?[/b]
    If he needed a program then the guy was a idiot as their was cracked exe's to run multiple clien'ts I myself opened one to see how many I could use and I had 5