Running KnightOnline On Windows 2003 Server..

This is a discussion on Running KnightOnline On Windows 2003 Server.. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Im trying to run KnightOnline on my windows 2003 server.. but i dont think he got Graphic Card :X thats ...
Page: 1

Hampster

Im trying to run KnightOnline on my windows 2003 server.. but i dont think he got Graphic Card :X
    thats the error i get:

anything i can do except get graphic card?

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

Is your Direct X up to date?

Hampster

Is your Direct X up to date?[/b]
    Ye, i just installed DirectX latest update

Hypnos

The system either doesn't have a 3d video card, or the video card drivers aren't installed.

but i dont think he got Graphic Card :X
    anything i can do except get graphic card?[/b]
    If u dont got a graphic card, then u wont have any place to plug ur display, or have any picture at all...

Most likely its like what Hypnos said, but u can go check it for urself. Press "Start" button and click "Run", write dxdiag and press OK. See if everything are alright in "DirectX Files" and u can do a little test in "Display".

Hampster

ok i did the Display test.. this is the results:
    No problems found.
    DirectDraw test results: Failure at step 17 (SetDisplayMode to 640x480x16): HRESULT = 0x80004001 (Not implemented)
    Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

how can i know which driver i need?

evilwevel

look up about 3 or 4 cm on your screen when you're in that tab, should tell you what graphic card you have.

Hampster

thsi is the details from everest..

Ah.. Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, that means ur graphic card is not installed, most certainly coz ur graphic card is not in Windows 2003 drivers database.
    Theres no way we can tell what graphic card u got, u have to either look at ur computer manuals and see what it is, or if u got a drivers CD with ur computer, u can try use that. By using the CD u can go to Device Manager, click at Display adapters, and then "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" > Driver > Update Driver, and then pointing it out to seek ur CD for drivers. Another way would be seeking out the CD and find the installation application (if there is any).
    If that doesnt work, then u have to open ur computer case to see what it is. Considering ur Windows 2003 cant find it, then its must be a high-end card.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Device manager should be able to report the hardware identification number for the graphics card... you might get a name out of google that way (and it saves opening the case) e.g. my card on this machine shows PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71D4&SUBSYS_20A417AA&REV_00 (but google only finds the answer cos of a WOW support ticket :P)

I'm pretty sure W2k3 server isn't on the supported OS list for KO though...

If the box itself has a high spec, you could try running an XP VMWare session and running KO in that (hard way of doing things though and you'd need to be fairly techy to get it set up!)

there should be no difference in playing KO (or any other game) on XP or 2k3 (if ure not running heavy load services on server at the same time offcourse), since these 2 OS-es are basically the same "kernel-wise". i would recommend checking 2 things on 2k3

1) by default graphic hardware acceleration is set to low on 2k3, cause usually there is no point in wasting server resources on a graphics cause playing games is not usually done on servers....so: right click youre desktop and press properties->settings->advanced->troubleshoot and here set "hardware acceleration" to "FULL", by default this is set to none on 2k3 server (as oppose to xp where it is full by default)

2) then click start->run->write dxdiag->press enter; this will bring you to your DX menu, go to display window and verify that all directX features are set to "enabled", also go to sound tab and set hardware acceleration to full

P.S. all this applies only if u have graphic card that supports 3d acceleration and that its properly installed...standard VGA driver wont rock your boat, so if u have some crappy svga card in there, you wont be able to play...but thats true for every OS :P

hope this helps

Fixing D3D Error

- Download drivers for your graphics card and install them
    - Download DirectX drivers and install this
    - Run dxdiag and perform all tests

This will sort it..... as additional

Theres no way we can tell what graphic card u got, u have to either look at ur computer manuals and see what it is, or if u got a drivers CD with ur computer, u can try use that.[/b]
    Sorry I just noticed this - use a program called freshdiagnose.. it identifies everything in your pc
    (mem, hdd, graphics, bios, etc)

so does everest ultimate do,
    but I think he allready done that