Setup's autoclosing?

This is a discussion on Setup's autoclosing? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Tried to install the software for my camera last night on the computer, put the CD into my computer, let ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

Default Setup's autoclosing?

Tried to install the software for my camera last night on the computer, put the CD into my computer, let the autorun load and then tell it to install in engish as usual. After that it closes like it normally would but then nothing else loads, no install shield or anything... And there is no more process about it either to close and restart. Then the odd thing was when I went to reboot my comp I got a .5 second message somthing about I had Virus cause I was installing the software ( never happened before ). Uninstalled my virus system and I still cant even isntall the program <_<. And ya, the program isn't taken off the internet, it's from the company's CD

Banned Senior Member

Sue them :wub:

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

not sure whats wrong, try to restore system to a time before the install, but whatever u do, dont take the emo path h43r:

Banned Senior Member

Doing a full system reformat anyways, havn't done one in 50 weeks Will get rid of whatever junk I dont use on the computer anyways, just going through everything making sure I dont forget something in the backup

Yun_Yuuzhan

50 weeks?! Are you crazy? My computer starts to complain if I let it go for more than 12 weeks without a reformat. h43r:

Banned Senior Member

ya.... I got lazy the last attempt at a reformat stopped because I was making a movie and wasn't gonna backup 50gb of fraps....

Yun_Yuuzhan

If you have a large HD you should consider partitioning, I split my 120 GB drive into two 60 GB partitions so I leave all my important, backup worthy shit on the secondary partition and install the O/S on the main. That way before I wipe the main to start over I can dump everything I need saved to the secondary and reload after its done. Saves in CD-R costs thats for sure

Banned Senior Member

200 gb HD, only maxed it out once to all but 12mb when I didn't know I was frapping one night

Maybe on this format I'll do that, make a drive just for media, a drive for backup and an everything else drive

Yun_Yuuzhan

Don't go crazy with it, I had 4 partitions once and I started to experience some performance issues. The HD access times appear to increase if you have more than 3 partitions and that's bad for a gamer =

Banned Senior Member

all i'm gonna do is just maybe 15g or 20g for media the other 160 for my computer

Goofy

you can also have a second HDD for your master drive. around 40gigs. only for windows and program installations. then your 200gb one as slave and all the data there

Personally im almost close to 1 tb :P

__countess__

Best way to do it is to make two partitions, C: and D: for example

Make C: only like 10 gigs.. for your windows installation and pagefile etc.
    Install windows and very basic programs that you need... like MSN, Office or whatever , all that on your C:

Create a ghost Image of your C: drive using Symantec Ghost, copy that image file to your D:
    Install all big programs/games on your D:

Now a reformat-reinstall of your C: drive is a 1.5 mins job.