Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Computer Technical Question.

This is a discussion on Computer Technical Question. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; What would cause programs to crash very very frequently? Firefox/ko/tq/winamp/any program running. Just closes and says it had to close ...
Page: 1

evenson

Default Computer Technical Question.

What would cause programs to crash very very frequently? Firefox/ko/tq/winamp/any program running. Just closes and says it had to close because of an error. Also my computer just randomly restarts frequently... I cleaned it out today, air cleaning... but anyways, i just reformatted a few days ago, i virus scanned, adware scanned.. blah blah.. But my computer is just completely douchey the last few days, cant do anything without it crashing, infact firefox crashed once while writing this so any help would be appreciated.

I think it may be my HDD failing or over heating.. but im not sure

btw i was to lazy to find a computer tech forum, most of them are nerdy dicks anyways :P

Trii

my pc crashes atleast 3 times a day for no reason

Some part of your PC is overheating for sure. My friend had the same problem his power supply fan was too dusty and couldn't cool the system properly. Eventually the fan broke, programs were completely unstable and crashing, and ultimately the PC would start beeping and shut off.

Once he got a new power supply everything was better than ever. Check to make sure your MB/CPU/powersupply fan is working etc.

thanatos

for real lol , remember folks .. ventilation is very important .. dont make my mistake and end up frying your cpu

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Vacuum-clean your comp, I bet there is tons of dust in it..

evenson

I did vacuum cleaning today

wako0

overheating

R34P3R_Magikz

did mummy never tell u vacuming ur cmputer is bad for the hardware due to ESD allways use a can o' compressed air

Goofy

most of the times is because overheat as most of the people say.
    sometimes minimal power supply can also cause that.

maybe defective RAM modules?
    search for a RAMtesting program and check it out.

My computer never crashed and it works 24/7 for 3 months now ^_^ (1 restart per day)

evenson

see the thing is, it only started .. yesterday. I really dont think its over heating since it feels cool inside my case, and all fans are working properly. ( have like 6 fans ) but i cant figure out what it is, really pissin me off... dont want to buy a new comp.. well i wont so... if this thing goes bye bye S> Level 68 warrion :wub:

Shizniz of it Senior Member Anzac's Avatar

id re-seed the ram and cpu ...

id also check dust... cause its causes heat

evenson

I cleaned the dust out of my compter.

and re-seed does not mean anything to me :P

priest_

Originally posted by evenson
    I cleaned the dust out of my compter.

and re-seed does not mean anything to me :P
    he meant reseat.... take it out and put it back in :P

evenson

defragging now, i will reseat after the defragmentation. If that doesnt work i'll reformat, if that doesnt work i'll use my baseball bat to put her out of her misery.

Volcanic

Download motherboard monitor. http://mbm.livewiredev.com/. Make sure you know your board. Install this and start playing games, also download prime 95 to stress test it. Any deviance on power? 6% is enough to cause stability problems.

Although far less likely to cause problems nowadays, have you got any IRQ conflicts? Open your system properties, and open the device manager, click view and resorces by type. You`ll see IRQs on the list, open that and look for conflicts. Note, intel chipsets share USB and AGP IRQ, and theres nothing you can do except not use those USB ports.

Its most likely your PSU struggling in the recent heat, you need rock solid stability. Hope this helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast