Single Video card.... 2 display screens?

This is a discussion on Single Video card.... 2 display screens? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Right now I have my computer hooked into my monitor, but next month when I move, I want to hook ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

Right now I have my computer hooked into my monitor, but next month when I move, I want to hook my computer up to my TV. The only thing about this setup, is that I wont be able to be on both at the same time ( I "can" but too lazy to change the input all the time ). Was wondering if there was a way to use VGA and DVI to hook my PC to my TV AND my monitor, so it could run on both screens at once

hej

Some cards can do that, but it takes more power

And no i dont remember any card now.

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Well atleast most of the ati cards works like that including mine, you can change the settings in ati catalyst control center :P
    You need a graphic card with TV-OUT to do it. I'm not sure if that's what you meant.

KokoGG

do you have 2 dvi slots or a dvi and vga

my video card has 2 DVI slots and i have 1 dvi vga converter i need another one which im getting so i can run dual monitors with my tv and monitor

if you have a vga slot and a dvi slot you just need an adapter or converter what ever you want to call it to plug the vga into the dvi or the other way around

EDIT: if you only have 1 dvi or vga slot then you can use a splitter

Banned Senior Member

my video card has VGA and DVI in it, and my TV has VGA, DVI, HDMI etc for it as well.

However the last time I attempted DVI to my monitor I somehow fried my motherboard....

KokoGG

my video card has VGA and DVI in it, and my TV has VGA, DVI, HDMI etc for it as well.

However the last time I attempted DVI to my monitor I somehow fried my motherboard....[/b]

:/ wow ive never heard of somebody frying there mobo doing that its possible that you trying to use 2 different wires on 2 screens it couldent handle it and fried because they didnt want to work together i would try using the same inputs (dvi with dvi, vga with vga)

hej

However the last time I attempted DVI to my monitor I somehow fried my motherboard....[/b]
    You shouldnt conect when its on

Banned Senior Member

my PC was off >< I didn&#39;t set my vid card to run on DVI or something so when I turned on my comp I had a black screen. Turned it back off to put back the VGA and when I hit the power button... nothing but a few beeps

KokoGG

i got my dual monitors working i also did it when it was on but i think it was the 2 different types of wires used that confused it and didnt want to work

Banned

My comp is hooked up to my monitor and tv, single video card. Dunno anything technical about it, but it works.

Banned Senior Member

is one with DVI and one with the VGA? or are you using a splitter cable or something

Banned

one is dvi, the other says tv out...my card is just a radeon 9250..cheap card...but looks good and works fine using 2 displays.