size of movie

This is a discussion on size of movie within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i've frapsed a movie of like 20 sec and it is 302MB. isen't that big for like 20 seconds ?...
Page: 1

i've frapsed a movie of like 20 sec and it is 302MB. isen't that big for like 20 seconds ?

venom

It is , lol

how can i make it smaller ?

compress it

fraps sucks for size, 30 mins of pk runs like 12 gb :G

how can i compres?

Jinnn

Its very big!

venom

you need a .avi to .??? converter i guess

hej

Search, use virtual dub and compress the raw avi file that fraps makes, you need virtualdub, xvid codec, mp3 codec (if you recorded sound) then setup in virtualdub with quality you want.

And the fraps file size dipend on what quality you have setup in fraps.

despoiler

as I get an error msg and IE shuts itself down every time I try and start a new topic I'm having to try this request here for now, sry it's a bit off topic.

Every time I try and use the movie recording function I get an error msg telling me to download the missing AVI codec from the website, there is no codec to download on the KO patch website and trying a google search for the named codec does not produce anything that I can use,has any1 managed to get thei movie function to work and if so how?

I sent in several CS tickets and posted bug reports on the beta forum about this problem and their response was to suggest I try posting on the official forum and ask fellow gamers for help so basically they aint got a clue either, can any1 help pls, it would be nice to have the function working so I dont have to run fraps alongside the game which dont exactly help with the lag

By despoiler at 2007-09-02